post a banger from the genre of ROCK MUSIC

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Linda Gayle - "Maggie's Farm"

post deleted by Pickwick33
    (accidental repeat of the post above)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The second track is '71 proto Guns & Roses.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    That proto GNR tune (which is awesome, btw) got me remembering a proto Queens Of The Stone Age that someone posted a while back before the site overhaul. Anyone remember/got that?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I was listening to this yesterday for this first time in awhile:

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts

Cosmo said:

discussing Shider with a friend and he said "Funkadelic is the most underrated Rock band of all time"..I had to agree, one of the greatest of all time but does not get enough props in the rock world

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here's a song I've enjoyed over the years that I've never seen get propped:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts

The_Hook_Up said:
    Cosmo said:

discussing Shider with a friend and he said "Funkadelic is the most underrated Rock band of all time"..I had to agree, one of the greatest of all time but does not get enough props in the rock world

Once I was listening to a talk show hosted by a local film critic...the topic of discussion was "greatest rock bands of all time"...somebody dared to mention Parliament-Funkadelic and the guy basically laughed it off..."aw, they're just a SOUL group" or some such foolishness...hell, even when they were discoed out, the P-Funk empire brought a lot of rock to the table...

rock bangers for the next hour and 45 minutes.....www.wevl.org The First Church of Rock

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Well, I don't k now what half the songs in this thread are, since for some reason some you tube clips will and some won't show up for me at all on the new SS : (

Anyway, I was pretty laid back tonight watching the Red Sox game, so I took some time and recorded a few favorite/interesting rock 45's from my boxes to share. Begin the blogging:

pretty killer obscure Kim Fowley production from 1975 - glammy bar rock with a nice seasonal theme and hot guitar breaks.

the Troggs rule all. awesome somewhat later release from them, style change from 1966 negligable.

let's get mellow with some nice stoner pop that kicks in for a minute+ heavy guitar break in the middle. scarce release out of New England, as far as I could find out. flip is a good hard rocker, too.

perhaps the crown jewel of this posting, at least, the most ungoogleable and raw track here. I had a couple of trashed copies of this NJ headsmasher, but recently found this clean dupe in the same warehouse stock. I was pretty excited, to say the least.

utimately not really a "rock" song (those strings that come in pretty much kill the track) and not even a very good version (Bobby Comstock's vocal range limitations become clearer and clearer as the track drags on) but still, it's a southern rock cover of a Stevie classic, and the intro is pretty hot schitt ... if only it lived up to that intro ...

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

perhaps the crown jewel of this posting, at least, the most ungoogleable and raw track here. I had a couple of trashed copies of this NJ headsmasher, but recently found this clean dupe in the same warehouse stock. I was pretty excited, to say the least.

jesus christ dude. go easy on us. that shit kills it

That Comstock, Ltd. 45 reminds me of that album by Joshua on AVI.

Hard-rockish versions of old R&B/soul chestnuts like "Harlem Shuffle" and "I Thank You."

Except that they didn't have any "pop" strings and horns in the way. (Not that Wes "Partridge Family" Farrell or Bell Records were ever famous for hard rock...)

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Just picked this up not long ago. Great Neil Young rip off.

b/w

The bridge sucks but I like the riff.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

pickwick33 said:
    That Comstock, Ltd. 45 reminds me of that album by Joshua on AVI.

Hard-rockish versions of old R&B/soul chestnuts like "Harlem Shuffle" and "I Thank You."

Yeah, I kind of like that Joshua record. Vocals by Dick Dodd of the Standells, produced by Standells svengali Ed Cobb.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

this is like my fav rock 45 ever now.... i have friends saying play that Poopsie track... you got more of this? my copy i thought was clean, but if u got more, pleez lemme know!

pretty sure my only other copies (2) are both really beat. if I turn up another clean one I'll let you know, but I thought you had a good one?

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    HookUp, that Mushroom track is ridiculous!

I've posted this before, but this might be a more appropriate thread:

Danish, hairy, loud and live.

Cosmophonic said:

that Gasolin is the business!

Yeah it took me over a year to find a copy of that Mushroom and to add insult to injury I ended up paying too much for it from a dude in Spain and we all know mail from Spain takes a year and a day....but Im glad I finally have it, a gem in the rock 45 box...

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Cosmophonic said:

that Gasolin is the business!

Yeah it took me over a year to find a copy of that Mushroom and to add insult to injury I ended up paying too much for it from a dude in Spain and we all know mail from Spain takes a year and a day....but Im glad I finally have it, a gem in the rock 45 box...

WANTLIST EXPANSION

Be preapared to spend hours on this guy's channels. Loads and loads and loads of rare Euro fuzz.

Also, I must see these guys when I get a chance (also from aforementioned channel)

Right around the 1:00 mark. So good.

• i think sundazed reissued their whole catalogue

but the guitar in this is hard as fuck