eBay Seller soul149: AVOID THIS CLOWN

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
Last week I purchased an LP from this clown which was described as a "strong VG++" The record that arrived was some true dollarbin schitt, not suitable for sale on eBay at all: numerous deep scratches, as well as apparent heat damage. And the sleeve had a 6" bottom split, possibly as a result of his improper packaging, despite the fact that I had specifically requested that he ship the LP outside the sleeve. In any event, I shipped the record back (with delivery confirmation) and, apparently unable to continue denying the condition issues with a straight face, the dude actually accused me of substituting a different record for the one he shipped to me. Outrageous! Avoid! There really needs to be some kind of basic skills test for eBay users.
Hi--

I received this record today. However the condition is far from "strong VG++," as advertised.

I would like to return it for a refund. I hope that this is not a problem.

Thanks,
D****l
What is wrong with the record?
The vinyl has a large number of significant scratches, as well as some apparent heat damage. I would grade it G. Additionally, the sleeve has a six inch bottom seam split, possible as a result of the LP being shipped inside of it, despite my instructions.
You must be talking about another record. G no way. Dont exagarate. Your definition of grading is off. I dont and wouldnt sell anything that is in good condition. That was my personal copy and i am fully aware of its condition. Marks and all. Stop playin. Your claim is not even close.
I'm not interested in quibbling over condition with you. It is indisputably far short of a "strong VG++".

I will be shipping it back to you today, properly packaged, and hope that you will honor my refund request. Otherwise I will be forced to pursue the matter through PayPal.
why did you send me back a record that is not mine. first of all there are no returns! and i did not agree to take anything from you. try scamming someone else. the only thing you sent me back that was mine before was the jacket and now it has extra wear. unbelievable. it cats like you that mess it up for others.

Comments

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    "Dont exagarate"

I have learned over the past year that ebay VG=any vinyl disc that is not broken or cracked

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Why do you have to mess it up for others faux? Why?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    What a dick.
    BTW, that Fantaisistes record is da shit.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    You are ruining it for me Faux.

• spexxxspexxx 37 Posts
    Humanacat said:
    "Dont exagarate"

I have learned over the past year that ebay VG=any vinyl disc that is not broken or cracked

Truer words have never been typed (at least not today).

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Humanacat said:
    "Dont exagarate"

Oh, no doubt.

"Strong VG++" seems like it should be safe, although the seller's capslock steez should have tipped me off.

I'm just sorry that I apparently messed up you dudes' opportunities to overpay for heat-damaged rinked out terds.

The_Non said:
    What a dick.
    BTW, that Fantaisistes record is da shit.

It's a favorite. I have one already, but play it a lot and wanted to step up to a cleaner copy.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Disappointing news. I bought a copy of Orquesta Olivieri on Pavillion from the dude and he sent me a free t-shirt along with it.

The lack of refund and the knee-jerk accusation of swapping records is definitely a bad look on his part.

Reynaldo said:
    he sent me a free t-shirt

butter pecan rican tiny tee?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    Reynaldo said:
    he sent me a free t-shirt

butter pecan rican tiny tee?
    Haha--nah, it was a Salsa All-Stars shirt.

Too busy for my tastes but the thought counts.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

:bizzo:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    I have one already, but play it a lot and wanted to step up to a cleaner copy.

... and apparently you did, at the expense of soul149 ... and every single one of us.

• Over the past two months I've had this happen to me 4 times. I'm getting super annoyed with people who do not know how to grade vinyl. I'm ok with someone who lists a record as VG++ and it arrives VG+ or even a strong VG, but eBay sellers are just getting stupid lately. Unless it's a major want I'm sticking with sellers who I know and have bought from before. There are too many baboons out there.

SoulOnIce said:
    faux_rillz said:
    I have one already, but play it a lot and wanted to step up to a cleaner copy.

... and apparently you did, at the expense of soul149 ... and every single one of us.

Haha... no, that was an entirely unrelated purchase; apparently The Non keeps close tabs on my eBay activity.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Not really, I just have a really good memory for irrelevant info.