Hip-Hop's Biggest Fails

Comments

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Awesome. I almost forgot about M. Bleek's shampoo commercial.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    M.O.P. + L.F.O
    :face_melt:

• As much as I'm not a fan of Soulja Boy Tellem, his response to Ice T's allegations were pure ignorant hilarity.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    As much as I'm not a fan of Soulja Boy Tellem, his response to Ice T's allegations were pure ignorant hilarity.
    YES! and they really werent all that ignorant.

• Possum Tom said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    As much as I'm not a fan of Soulja Boy Tellem, his response to Ice T's allegations were pure ignorant hilarity.
    YES! and they really werent all that ignorant.

You're right. I recant that part of the statement. But him having his laugh track friends in the background made it even more enjoyable.

• God, the comments for a lot of these are embarrassing. It's hilarious seeing people get bent out of shape defending some of this shit.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    can i nominate the layout of that top 50 list? ...or is it part of hip-hop?

scroll, click arrow, scroll... I do not like it. Which makes it a HIP HOP FAIL

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:

I hate how they do that. I've skipped many of their lists for that very reason! They do it for site visit numbers and ad revenue, right?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    SouthCrackalack said:
    God, the comments for a lot of these are embarrassing. It's hilarious seeing people get bent out of shape defending some of this shit.

I don't know, I kind of liked

MemphSleek Thu, June 17, 2010, 19:50:24
    Comment
    new comment
    To be fair to Bleek, it really is a good shampoo.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Brian said:

That shit is so bizarre, with dude's manager getting in the mix and then...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Brian said:

I liked the nineties ones that kind of took me back

Yung Berg's very existence being a total fail goes without saying

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    That list is actually mad weak sauce as hip-hop's biggest FAILS actually involve death...DJ Screw, Big Moe, Pimp C...walking advertisements for lean/purple stuff/drank...all 3 of em, each not waking up with 10 toes up. 2pac...yep, beat that dude down like he and his friends don't have choppers in their car. Biggie...why would you even think about going to LA after talking all that shit? Mac Dre...just drive straight to the hotel from the venue already. Shall I go on?

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    That whole list is a hip hop fail - reads like it was put together by some giddy teenage girls

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    StaxWax - are you mad, sir?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    staxwax said:
    That whole list is a hip hop fail - reads like it was put together by some giddy teenage girls

All the teenage girls you know write like sardonic, 20-something Jewish rap nerds?

• mannybolone said:
    staxwax said:

All the teenage girls you know write like sardonic, 20-something Jewish rap nerds?

sardonic, maybe. but i'd be more inclined to think it was written by a gentile based on the hebrew faith's aversion to cheesy beef.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the chopper suit had me in stiches

HarveyCanal said:
    That list is actually mad weak sauce as hip-hop's biggest FAILS actually involve death...DJ Screw, Big Moe, Pimp C...walking advertisements for lean/purple stuff/drank...all 3 of em, each not waking up with 10 toes up. 2pac...yep, beat that dude down like he and his friends don't have choppers in their car. Biggie...why would you even think about going to LA after talking all that shit? Mac Dre...just drive straight to the hotel from the venue already. Shall I go on?

I think perhaps you don't understand the usage of the term FAIL

staxwax said:

List is hilarious

You are a clownshoe

b/w

Which ones chafed you the most?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Lil Jon's last album selling 8k first week.

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    personally, i thought the 2nd main source album was great. but that was a good read nonetheless.

• The Hammer speedo thing could spawn new oh my and pasue graemlins.

• funkfromthesun said:
    The Hammer speedo thing could spawn new oh my and pasue graemlins.

bump

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Wait you bumped this year old thread so you could add a pic w/ Hammer in a speedo?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    one of the odder bumps i've seen.....
    ....pause?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:

Yeah. Speaking about fail... They should not throw stones. Their website layout is a major one. Awful.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    DOR said:
    dukeofdelridge said:

Yeah. Speaking about fail... They should not throw stones. Their website layout is a major one. Awful.

I've long ago stopped clicking their links.

if they were on some above-average cleverness (say, if it were EgoTrip that were guilty of this horrible recurrent top-whatever-list design....), I may go through the trouble.

but not these guys; it's never worth the effort of navigating those things.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I didn't see this originally. Strangely, it appears the text of this one was deleted from Complex:

Main Source Rips Off Large Professor

Fail Occurred: 1992

Main Source was about as much of a group as the Cavaliers are a team. That is, there was only one guy putting any points on the board, and no one really knew what the fuck the other guys were doing. Large Professor was making all the beats and writing/performing all the raps on their classic debut Breaking Atoms. So what were literal, not figurative, brothers Sir Scratch and K-Cut doing? Um...wowing the world with their renowned Canadian double-DJ sets? Right. So it would make total sense that their Mom-ager, who oversaw the group's finances, would screw Extra P out of paper and force the group???s only talent to look at the front door, right? The non-rapping, non-producing DJs, who kept the Main Source name, went on to recruit New Music Seminar phenom Mikey D and make one of the worst sophomore albums ever before receding back to the frozen fortress of solitude that is Canada. Apparently, Professor is not the word to play.

• sweatshop said:
    Wait you bumped this year old thread so you could add a pic w/ Hammer in a speedo?

call it slingshot's revenge...