Limonious Book

canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
I've spoken to a few people about this in addition to making a post about a year ago. I just wanted to give a quick update. A very close friend of mine has spent the last two years trying to track, document, and find information related to reggae illustrator Limonious and his large body of album work.

My friend is on his second trip to Jamaica and has been in contact with Lumonious' surviving family members, as well as numerous industry related people, both in music and graphic design. He has stumbled upon some amazing shit, like comics and design work Lumonious did for the Jamaican government, as well as uncovering the full Lumonious story which is pretty interesting and heartfelt.

So, looks like there is a lot of progress on the book front!

If anyone has any ideas or artifacts they think will benefit the book, please feel free to contact me via Private Message and I will put you in touch.

If anyone knows (or has contacts with) a good publisher or agent, please get in touch.

Thanks!

Comments

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Sounds awesome
    I'd definitely cop this when/if it comes out

• Thank you for the heads up. It has been nice to see the archives and collections that have popped up on the net over the past few years - it is time for a formal book.