How Do I Get My Old Avatar Back?

BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
This has probably been discussed already, but my eyes haven't adjusted yet and I'm frightened.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Go to the Profile dropdown up to > Control Panel > Edit Avatar

This is the old avatar you had.
    Attached files

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    Breakself,

I have been messing with my avatars under the new system, here are few tips:

1) When you re-size the image to 200x200 pixels if the image is not exactly square the new forum software will distort the image. Example: My image was originally 500x480 and I re-size it to 200x192 I need to add 8 pixels to the length of the image so that it doesn't distort.

2) Make sure that you save the image in jpg or png format if you have transparent space. Animated images are usually .GIF images.

As for recovering your image, do you have a copy of it on your computer?

If you do and you don't have the software to adjust your image, contact me by PM and I will work something out with you.,

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Go to the Profile dropdown up to > Control Panel > Edit Avatar

This is the old avatar you had.

SIKK! The pic is what i needed.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I still can't get the drop down menu bar to work. It disappears behind the classifieds

kicks79 said:
    I still can't get the drop down menu bar to work. It disappears behind the classifieds

What is your browser?

Google Chrome for Windows?

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    test

im running safari 3.0.4 on osx 10.4.11.

kicks79 said:

Damn, dude. You're going to make me dust off my Powerbook to troubleshoot this.

Anyway that you can upgrade Safari? Or are you at the latest for your operating system?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I tried getting my old avatar too -- couldn't find it though, online or within the old forum (tis dead)

Raj -- anyway you can hook it up? I sorta miss Old McDonald.

RAJ said:
    kicks79 said:

Damn, dude. You're going to make me dust off my Powerbook to troubleshoot this.

Anyway that you can upgrade Safari? Or are you at the latest for your operating system?

Ha ha its not a big deal. I'll upgrade safari and let you know how it turns out.