ICE CUBE A Gangsta's Fairy Tale OG VERSION?

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
in the latest Waxpoetics Sir Jinx says the first 200,000 copies of Ice Cube's "Amerikkka's Most Wanted" has some Mister Rogers schitt at the intro of "A Gangsta's Fairytale". Fred Rogers supposedly sued them for the usage of his theme song, so they removed the skit from the album for all pressings after that first 200,000. I have never heard this before, and I bought that album the first day it came out. Has ANYBODY ever heard this version, or better yet does anybody HAVE this version? I'd like to hear it if it truly exists :necessary:

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    hmmm... well, I guess Sir Jinx is mistaken about this. If Soulstrut doesn't know about it then it can't be real.

• In the new issue of XXL there's a making of Amerikkkas most.. section. All he says in that in passing is "we had this mister rogers shit we wanted to use, we had it all planned out." He makes no mention of it being pressed. Haven't seen the Wax Poetics yet. Did he mention that the pressing were vinyl? Or is it tape and cd's?

I don't think it's something I'd remember at all. I'll see if i can find my tape of it.

edit.. Just found my tape i bought the day it came out. No Mr Rogers on mine. :(