World Cup Fantasy League 2010

magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
I thought I'd get it going today what with the final team 'rosters' being announced for the impending world football extravaganza.

FIFA World Cup Fantasy League

LEAGUE CODE = 382961-90179

DEAAALLL

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I registered but can't find where to build a squad

Help me out here Paul

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    They just put the team selection bit on now. You can't miss it.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I'm in. :beerbang:

The Round 1 deadline for your 23-man fantasy squad is 15:45 (South African Time) on 11 June. You have unlimited free transfers until then

shameless bump.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    How do I join? Looking for a bit that will ask me to use that code, but I can't even see how to pick my team.

The bit where it says 'My Team'.

I just logged in and it wouldn't let me do anything else until I'd finished selecting a team. Make sure you're not lost somewhere in the rest of the World Cup site.

To join the league... 'My Leagues'.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    How hard is it to replace an avatar?

Profile, Edit - Upload new avatar.

Tells me it's been uploaded.

But the old one is still showing.

Progress?

Meh.

ENGLAND CROCS.

GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN.

I jest. I do have these wood-effect jawns that I may/may not rock in las Illes Balears.

Avatar replacement doesn't seem to be instantaneous.

I replaced mine on Saturday nite and it didn't take effect until last night

Word to Saracenus.

I'm in.

Team name: Pork Swords

It's an honour just to be in the same league as Ninja Tune legend BANGLASH.

Paul said:
    It's an honour just to be in the same league as Ninja Tune legend BANGLASH.

Yeah alright. It seemed cool at the time. :grin:

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    This shit seems kinda easy. They give you a ton of money and you get a whole squads worth of subs!? It's pretty simple to pack your team with stars.

Not that any of that guarantees points. just saying.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Also

Tshirt, Jeans & Nikes you best stop lurking and say hello!

• OckaOcka 13 Posts
    Okem said:
    Also

haha. hello. i think i made a half assed introduction once. i'm too lazy to post. i hope maradonna wins. every friendly match i've watched has sucked. worried. hoping those horn/whistle things will drive someone crazy. desert theme ftw.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Ocka said:
    Okem said:
    Also

haha. hello. i think i made a half assed introduction once. i'm too lazy to post. i hope maradonna wins. every friendly match i've watched has sucked. worried. hoping those horn/whistle things will drive someone crazy. desert theme ftw.

Concise. I like it.

Welcome.

• in

BUMP.

Trash-talking poasters who think teh USA will win on Saturday need to join up.

Then we'll see how much conviction they'll have if their squad includes Rooooney. Heard he got a yellow card in yesterdays' friendly. :gulp:

Going to be on holiday next week, so will not be managing the team with the gaze of a raptor. Surely the event will be, in it's last 8, decided amongst recent winners penno-ing it out...

Going to go with my Autocomplete All-Stars and let the chips fall where they may.

Gazza Bazza deffo missing the US and A event doe, so will sub him this week.

58% have spunked their coin on Messi. FOLLY?

Meriman has the luxury of not being interested if/after Team USA get dey ass bruned. It will be all chirp up in this bith if that be the case.

How's eveyone rolling vis a vis viewing habits?

Every single game live?

Think I'll be watching vs USA live, can't do the other games live doe.

From previous experience, will end up religulously tuning into the beeb's nightly highlights package but shunning that 3 hour black hole life-wasting Slovakia vs Honduras ish.

An incendiary post. Quite literally.

There were reports of Meriman burning the Union Jack, apropros of BP //cough// Bhopal cough.

On the other hand, Scousers reported burnng the SSB in relation to Gillett and Hicks.

What a futile and randomly token gesture on both counts.

skel said:

On the other hand, Scousers reported burnng the SSB in relation to Gillett and Hicks.

I put the Scousers above.

I want to catch as many games as I can. As long as England are in the tournament, every game is important, as each result can have a bearing on who we might meet in later rounds, should we progress...

(that's what I'm telling the gf anyway).

One thought has occurred to me though. How about no transfers? Just pick a squad that has to see you through the whole tournament. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

On this basis, I'd gladly have a wager, but don't feel I'm up to competing with the likes of PMGarden and Young Chizzel when it comes to staying the course on day-to-day transfers... with 3 games a day, there's a lot of scope for fiddling with your team but I can't be doing that (EDIT: not successfully anyway).

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Bumping for last minute tweaking before deadline.

• I'M NUMBER ONE! (and 89th in Wales)

Seriously though, you all need to step your game up.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    as I said: I chose names I recognized, and filled in with names that are neato. If you I finish above you, you'll have to wear Walmoart tshirts for a week or something...

I'm fully onboard with no transfers. I cannot imagine they'd help me (read: that I know enough to make better choices the second time around).

I'm on PST, so I can always catch the late game (11am), but probably never will see the 4am games...7am happens too, especially if it's USA USA USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

them dudes need to burn their goalie in effigy, don't worry about us LOL

as I said: I chose names I recognized, and filled in with names that are neato. If you I finish above you, you'll have to wear Walmoart tshirts for a week or something...

I'm fully onboard with no transfers. I cannot imagine they'd help me (read: that I know enough to make better choices the second time around).

I'm on PST, so I can always catch the late game (11am), but probably never will see the 4am games...7am happens too, especially if it's USA USA USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

them dudes need to burn their goalie in effigy, don't worry about us LOL

YEAH USA USA USA!!!!

sorry for doublepoast

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    What an awful start.