Just who IS the acknowledged "greatest rock n roll band in the world" these days?

2»

Comments

• I still think that it's U2. But what about Muse?!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I still don't see how U2 trumps AC/DC. AC/DC spans more generations fan wise, has the 4th or 5th biggest selling LP of all time and still fills stadiums. And no one could argue they don't play "rock" music. One could argue U2 is a pop band, whereas the pop tag doesn't apply to AC/DC at all.

• The_Hook_Up said:
    I still don't see how U2 trumps AC/DC. AC/DC spans more generations fan wise, has the 4th or 5th biggest selling LP of all time and still fills stadiums. And no one could argue they don't play "rock" music. One could argue U2 is a pop band, whereas the pop tag doesn't apply to AC/DC at all.

That's true, and I'm a huge AC/DC fan myself. But I think the key words are "these days." If you ask anyone at random right now, U2 would be the most common group that pops up as the greatest band in the world these days. AC/DC spans more generations, but U2 is more widely known with the help and publicity of Bono and his humanitarian efforts, Nobel Peace Prize nominations, and occassional UN visits.

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    pearl jam

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    The new Prince of Rock???
    IT'S GOTTA BE JUSTIN.

Besides, they say that he's been encoring his shows with a bang-up version of "Search & Destroy."

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    lambert said:
    Guys, stop being ridiculous, it's obviously U2

:shame_on_you:

Michael Jordan.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    those bieber head door hits are fukkin hilarious. hes always fixin that fukkin hair. haha

• jaymack said:
    those bieber head door hits are fukkin hilarious. hes always fixin that fukkin hair. haha

something about that feathery haIr-do of his really annoys me...