"Movin' Day" (Soulman "Coolin" compilation WOB related)

ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
Looking to finally ID the cover of "Movin' Day" that was featured on Soulman's "Coolin" Compilation.
If anybody knows I thank you in advance.

Comments

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I might be mistaken but the one he featured is either a cover version or I'm looking for another song on there. It's starts off with a guitar & drums, featuring a male singer saying something like "One day I'll ..." & the song is between 80-90 bpm. But It's not Brook Benton. In any case if someone has the tracklisting for the CD I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    then it must be "shades of black lightning"

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    planless said:

Thanks Planless, turns out it's "Yesterday's Dream" by the Shades of Black Lightning...
    Check here:

http://blog.matthewafrica.com/2008/08/one-thing-leads-to-another.html

Considering that I hadn't heard the song in many years my description wasn't the greatest but glad we could finally id this.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Okem said:
    planless said:

If one wanted to download this, how would one go about doing so?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Nevermind. Got it from Matt Africa's blog.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Herm said:

If one wanted to download this, how would one go about doing so?
    http://storagestart.divshare.com/launch.php?f=5225841&s=f53&e=a

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    people who actually BOUGHT the cd got all the info right on the cd cover %-P :lol:

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I Had Sex With The Lyn Christopher Record said:
    people who actually BOUGHT the cd got all the info right on the cd cover %-P :lol:

Hey Phill,

What's up, mane? Nice to see you up on 'The New Soul Strut." We still gotta holla man since you're only 50 miles down the road. :necessary:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I Had Sex With The Lyn Christopher Record said:

Still one of my favourite mixes of yours.

I remember painting my brother's house all day with this on repeat. Instilled the place with proper good vibes to this day.

Lol, unfortunately they were sold out... Don't own any copies or bootlegs either, just had to rely on the 15 sec sample clips on WOB available back then. However if you re-release any tapes I'd be down.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    ost said:

Lol, unfortunately they were sold out... Don't own any copies or bootlegs either, just had to rely on the 15 sec sample clips on WOB available back then. However if you re-release any tapes I'd be down.

saul goode, hommie... illegal downloading is WAY more gangsta than buying them schitts anyway. i'm in favor. music should be free, like air, water and cable television :cheese: