New Finds

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
I literally had to kneel in shit to get these but the price was right.

axelrod "auction", soft machine, anada shankar, electric mud and the shuggie otis records are dupes on the trading block....

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    nice batch!

ive been finding nice things...
    i'll get some pics up soon

highlight was probably this for a buck

also found a copy of this in a box on the curb on trash day
    didnt know it existed!

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    btw latte pass on that dennis wilson. it's sooo good.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    sick. that james mason is at the top of my wants.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Attended the Parramatta record fair in Sydney on Sunday, and had my first crack at slanging wax there as well 9nuthing major just doubles and duds).

Picked up a stack of shit...will post pix but the higlight was pulling a Mint copy of this for AU$3.....

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Attended the Parramatta record fair in Sydney on Sunday, and had my first crack at slanging wax there as well (nuthing major just doubles and duds).

Picked up a stack of shit...will post pix but the higlight was pulling a Mint copy of this for AU$3.....

• mateomateo 163 Posts

rock... please tell me where you found this and is it for sale....

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Recent keepers...

'95 Wall of Famers

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    It's a good month when you nail 24 KB, Baby Huey and Esther WIlliams...

the shuggie otis records are dupes on the trading block....]

which one is the dupe fmongr? I need a clean copy of his first.

Finally nabbed a clean Easterb Soundz in Mtl last week...

• hey, both shuggie's are available...

btw nice haul--- did you really score all those in mtl? i thought the city was tapped out on records..

• It's a good month when you nail 24 KB, Baby Huey and Esther WIlliams...

the shuggie otis records are dupes on the trading block....]

which one is the dupe fmongr? I need a clean copy of his first.

Finally nabbed a clean Easterb Soundz in Mtl last week...

]
    hows that pumpkin? Is it worth the $150 it goes for?

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    lucky buyer 713 here of that Quintessence LP we had a thread about last week! just arrived in the mail today.

a bunch of others bought locally, including this, which is really weird to find in NOLA

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    some stuff that happened while the strut was away

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    fishmongerfunk said:
    did you really score all those in mtl? i thought the city was tapped out on records..

no records in Mtl... dry dry dry

seriously though, the Pumpkin didn't come from there, nor did the Tunde Williams or the Hastings St Jazz Band, though I did nab that one for 50$ which I thought was decent for a clean copy. I can't get enough of that record, I slept on it for a long time

bobtheorange said:
    hows that pumpkin? Is it worth the $150 it goes for?

I say based on the scarcity and the unique sounds that yes, it's worth the layout. It has some wank prog in parts but alot of it is very heavy, dark, slow Placeboesque synth and drum driven stuff. I'll upload 'Depression' when I get a chance.

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    50 is a steal for that! at that price, i couldn't afford not to buy it. was this only pressed in holland?

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    didnt know it existed!

good song! it sounds like something that was used somewhere... but i think it just sounds like that. which is a good sound.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    karlophone said:
    tripledouble said:
    didnt know it existed!

good song! it sounds like something that was used somewhere... but i think it just sounds like that. which is a good sound.

this is the best song off their s/t album, think that bassline has been sampled acouple of times, seem to recall a kurious george track, cant remember the title of it right now though.. also, i used that heart record in this mix here: http://jakobme.dk/?p=81

been picking up quite a few progressive and psych, US and european joints lately, just havent gotten around to posting pics yet.. heres some polish heat:

• that looks like some polish heat! what's teh deal with that record?

fishmongerfunk said:
    that looks like some polish heat! what's teh deal with that record?

axelrod vibe in polish, or xian beat psych concept thingy (in polish), seems good so far..

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    fishmongerfunk said:

axelrod vibe in polish, or xian beat psych concept thingy (in polish), seems good so far..

i agree on this, like a polish mass in f minor, not even close to that quality but nice listen anyways. assembly line loops aswell... shhhh. hi jammy!

• saulgravysaulgravy 112 Posts
    few things i found around town this week: airforce (sealed), shuggie, adonis, barry dow, mandrill, alice coltrane, the staples, toto.

anyone know this one? Barry Dow on Jaz Cat:

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    doom said:
    upskiboo said:
    fishmongerfunk said:

i agree on this, like a polish mass in f minor, not even close to that quality but nice listen anyways.

I remember being excited when I found this (you were actually there with me in Hellig??ndskirken, upskiboo), but ultimately I didn't find the music that interesting. I had to get let it go. Some people seem to be really into it, though. I used the goofy musician mug shots inside the gatefold as my first ever avatar on Soul Strut.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    My buddies dad had a garage full of records. Here's what I pulled from the crates of rock.

awesome!!! free?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    man a james mason for a $1 is awesome!
    that detroit jazz composers is at the top of my list (any one got one they want to get rid of?) and some other nice pieces in there too!
    love the random NWA in amongst all the rock records too!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    awesome!!! free?

nah i gave him some $