Bar-Kays "holy ghost" extended mix

spcspc 534 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Can anybody tell the length of the extended mix?

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i believe it's between 7-8 mins

• spcspc 534 Posts

I bought a 12inch this weekend but nothing on the label says "extended". It's 8:27 min long and has a 1-2 min percussion break in the middle. I read something on turntable lab in the description of a reissue and they say the original extended mix is stupid rare and stuff.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

I bought a 12inch this weekend but nothing on the label says "extended". It's 8:27 min long and has a 1-2 min percussion break in the middle. I read something on turntable lab in the description of a reissue and they say the original extended mix is stupid rare and stuff.

that's the one. and yes it's rare, only because everyone wants it and those that have aren't letting it go.. if i'm not mistaken, it was pressed up in quantity back in the day.

• nosawanosawa 89 Posts

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    this is raer? i thought this was like a $30 record, tops?

• nosawanosawa 89 Posts
    sounds about right to me... and often seen it for less

• spcspc 534 Posts

that's the one. and yes it's rare, only because everyone wants it and those that have aren't letting it go.. if i'm not mistaken, it was pressed up in quantity back in the day.

Good! Unfortunately mine is only a german pressing, but good to know I have the extended mix.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    this is raer? i thought this was like a $30 record, tops?

I would say US$30 is at the high end. this sells for $15-25 on ebay as far as I recall. I got two of these myself and I didn't pay over $10 for either of them.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    An essential record (I probably listen to the flip more though) but by no means a rare one... hard to find in perfect condition though, I will give you that

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    An essential record but by no means a rare one... hard to find in perfect condition though

Cosign... that 12 has never left my party crate. I think I paid $10 for mine but it's not too clean. The breakdown is crazy.

DJ Ferrari

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    An essential record but by no means a rare one... hard to find in perfect condition though

Cosign... that 12 has never left my party crate. I think I paid $10 for mine but it's not too clean. The breakdown is crazy.

DJ Ferrari

Yep - essential crate material.