Reynaldo: What are your thoughts on eBay???

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Just curious...I'm board outa my mind!

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I want insights, you bastard!!!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    That's a broad question. A few random thoughts:

[*] I think all well-bred people should have ebay accounts and be active buyers and/or sellers.

[*] It would be great if there was an option to view all of the records in one genre on one page at the same time (like all 14636 or so jazz records at once), that way I don't have to click over to the next page every 200 records, wasting valuable time and energy on such a menial task.

[*] Sometimes I don't mind (if not enjoy) overpaying for items if it means outbidding someone that previously outbid me and/or challenged my bid.

[*] Ebay offers the perfect balance of instant gratification and "thrill of the hunt".

[*] In many cases, ebay is the real world.

Yeah, sorry, it is a broad question. But, I must say, I agree with you on all counts...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    well I'm not Reynaldo, but I gotta say my biggest eBay beef of late is dudes who price reissues of LP's so high you think it's OG's for steal prices, like Joe Quarterman for $22...talk about wasted clicks...I always wonder about people who sell reissues for $15 more than everyone else on eBay is selling the same exact record for..do they just not look at any other auctions, or do they just figure "there's one born every minute," and some schmo will buy my "Maggot Brain" reissue for $25 before they see the other 12 for $8.99?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    [*] Sometimes I don't mind (if not enjoy) overpaying for items if it means outbidding someone that previously outbid me and/or challenged my bid.

Such anger! I guess we should really be afraid of the "free verse" since it does rule with an iron fist.

well I'm not Reynaldo, but I gotta say my biggest eBay beef of late is dudes who price reissues of LP's so high you think it's OG's for steal prices, like Joe Quarterman for $22...talk about wasted clicks...I always wonder about people who sell reissues for $15 more than everyone else on eBay is selling the same exact record for..do they just not look at any other auctions, or do they just figure "there's one born every minute," and some schmo will buy my "Maggot Brain" reissue for $25 before they see the other 12 for $8.99?

yeah. that one seller WDCradio, I think - they always have buy-it-nows that get me all excited untill I see it's just them selling a reissue...

• [*] Sometimes I don't mind (if not enjoy) overpaying for items if it means outbidding someone that previously outbid me and/or challenged my bid.

Such anger! I guess we should really be afraid of the "free verse" since it does rule with an iron fist.

I told you this would happen...
    its coming, and it won't be pretty

Don't sleep.

I don't think I can now.

• Don't sleep.

+

Don't sleep.

"Hey Anthony, you gonna bring over Yoga Man lp tonight?"