J. Cole

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Does this guy have any fans? Does he even have any listeners?Or is he purely the product of blog payola?Just curious

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    From SXSW...

All those folks look like bloggeurs to me.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    his verse on that reflection eternal album was nauseating

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    his verse on that reflection eternal album was nauseating

Apropos of that, I found Pitchfork's review of the RE album highly amusing because of the reference to your dude Kweli "toying with meter in a way that would leave other MCs tripping over their own tongues"

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i was almost going to attend their montreal show because my manz is opening but a painful run through listen to this ''opus'' had me saving my money

here is a mtl review
    Ten years after their now-classic debut, the team-up of Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek re-emerges with a second long-player, a sophomore record informed by the best aspects of a decade?s worth of progress, and a generation in hip hop comes full circle. Listen no further than the Jay-Z sample hook early on to understand that these two inspired a revolution and stuck around to build on it for a minute. Listen closely end-to-end to hear what they learned. 9/10

they are telling us to listen to it to see how great it is
    much like J.Cole
    ''i am the center of attention, this is clever, i'm Pau Gasol...maybe though i'm lebron...!)

THIS IS CLEVER!