Who is/was the most degenerate dudes in music?

2»

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I had never heard of Allin before, but after watching the entire interview, he makes Slipknot look like The Wiggles.

I saw him back in his 'prime', it was beyond disgusting...

And my friend and I almost got severely injured/killed.

Details please. Just reading that dude's wiki..he sounds severely messed up...and not in a contrived GWAR way either.

WARNING: GRAPHIC MATERIAL

My friend and I were standing against the rear wall in anticipation of grossness on stage. When G.G. came out the first thing he did was whip the (very heavy) mic stand over his head a few times and throw it straight at us. We ducked just in time, and it exploded through wall we were standing against until only the top was sticking out. If that had hit either of us it would have been a disaster.

He then chugged a few bottles of Ex-Lax and diarrhea was everywhere, along with many other bodily fluids. He was naked the whole time and his cock was the size of a cigarette butt. At one point a 350 lb skinhead was reaming his ass with his fingers in time to the music. He then perpetrated one of the grossest blow jobs in the history of blow jobs on G.G.

I'm sure there's some other stuff I've blocked out...

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    that hardcore fanboy dude in the hated doco pretty much summed it up when he said the safest and only way to watch a GG show was to be standing behind him

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    that hardcore fanboy dude in the hated doco pretty much summed it up when he said the safest and only way to watch a GG show was to be standing behind him

No, that's not safe either.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    ah geez Horse, that's the worst story ever. I'm sorry I asked.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    gwar were more fun than degenerate, but they did have a minion lifting her leg and spraying the front rows of the audience with fake period blood, that has to count for something. and rockbitch used to throw a golden condom into the crowd and let whomever caught it fuck the bandmembers. cosign on manson, and the scando death metal dudes have serious issues, no doubt.

• neensneens 19 Posts
    Nothing remotely as deranged as GG, but my initial thoughts to reading the query would be (in no particular order):

Benzino
    Suge Knight
    Bill O'Reilly

All around, generally bad for hip-hop guys.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    Solar

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    kim fowley

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts

He then chugged a few bottles of Ex-Lax and diarrhea was everywhere, along with many other bodily fluids.

Gary Glitter

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I remember reading a Boredoms interview describing the gigs of Hanatarashi, an earlier incarnation of the band. Again, a live act that meant you took a serious risk going to that show. Dismembering dead animals on stage with chainsaws and driving a bulldozer through the wall of the venue were among the things mentioned. Liking noise music sure comes with a prize. Besides tinnitus.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I remember reading something about a GG Allin show years ago that was just fucking hysterical- basically, it described him taking the stage, a riot breaking out, and tear gas being thrown.

The final line was, "after 15 minutes, the GG Allin concert was over."

Early takes on The Butthole Surfers weren't so much degenerate as fucking strange, but they might deserve a mention. The chapter on them in, "Our Band Could be Your Life," is fucking hysterical.

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    I remember reading a Boredoms interview describing the gigs of Hanatarashi, an earlier incarnation of the band. Again, a live act that meant you took a serious risk going to that show. Dismembering dead animals on stage with chainsaws and driving a bulldozer through the wall of the venue were among the things mentioned. Liking noise music sure comes with a prize. Besides tinnitus.

I guess these are supposedly photos taken from that infamous bulldozer gig:

And, still on the Japanese tip, we cannot forget G.I.S.M. The lead vocalist, Sakevi, definitely skewed toward the unhinged side of things. There's a video on Youtube of the show where he chased audience members around with a flamethrower, but I can't really tell what's going on. Apparently he also did the old hairspray can and lighter thing on a guy on a Tokyo train, because the guy was staring at him.

The original bassist of Les Rallizes D?nud?s was involved in the hijacking of Japan Airlines Flight 351, which they piloted to North Korea.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

The final line was, "after 15 minutes, the GG Allin concert was over."

that is about how long most Allin gigs were...because the cops would usually show up by then and GG, who had a shit ton of warrants would have to split. His show here in Memphis lasted about 20 minutes...encore?

• xtian5xtian5 4 Posts
    Charles Manson had at least one LP.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I "saw" a GG Allin show in Austin around 1992. I put "saw" in quotes because I stood just outside the venue* (a converted parking garage that did nothing to alter the acoustics of a parking garage). Not long after GG took the stage, a mini-riot broke out and someone grabbed the cash box at the door and ran off into the night. Thank you and good night.

I've also seen the Dwarves three times, none of which lasted longer than 13 minutes and all of which ended in the band fighting audience members. I also saw the guitarist hit a guy over the head with the edge of his Stratocaster. The rest of the band joined in, then the original victim's friends--a large group of anti-racist skinheads--jumped in and kicked all their asses. The Dwarves left in squad cars.

*Do you remember that place, Harvey? It was on 7th. I was once paid seven dollars and a can of Schlitz for playing there. I went by H-E-B on my way home and bought Earl Campbell Sausage (pausage?) with my earnings.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

*Do you remember that place, Harvey? It was on 7th. I was once paid seven dollars and a can of Schlitz for playing there. I went by H-E-B on my way home and bought Earl Campbell Sausage (pausage?) with my earnings.

Not really sure, but I do remember when I first got to Austin in '89 that 7th Street was a straight up blatant track for hookers. Always amazed me as the police station is right there. In fact, the building right next to the police station, across from Basics/Oms/Red7 had a drug slot that we'd at times watch right out in the open being frequented...let alone the spot around the corner where HipHopCity/Kilamanjaro used to be. Oh so seedy.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    From what I gather from the film, it was not just Allin, who was out there. The Hitler-mustache brother Merle and the crazy naked drummer didn't seem to do do any better. They had all the trademarks of the creepy introverted insanity. I heard that after GG's death the duo even made it to perform in Finland. I'm guessing GG wouldn't have even been allowed inside an airplane.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Merle was a local character in Williamsburg back around 1995 or so, I used to see him out at bars and at shows all the time. Surprisingly not nearly as insane IRL as he was with the Murder Junkies. I wouldn't invite him to my house or anything, but for some small talk at the bar he was no worse than anyone else.