Anybody play the LOTTO / lottery?

empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
i don't; i'm too lazy. one of these days though. i wanna to get rich and not die trying, yameen?how about you? how much $ do you drop? what's your fix? powerball, quick pick, scratch-offs, etc.? i see crazy ppl with those scratch-offs... have you ever won anything? what'd you do with your earnings?

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    whodat? what's his sturry?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Hollywood Henderson...went from NFL star...to crack fiend...to $28 million lottery winner.

• Options
    i don't; i'm too lazy. one of these days though. i wanna to get rich and not die trying, yameen?

how about you? how much $ do you drop? what's your fix? powerball, quick pick, scratch-offs, etc.? i see crazy ppl with those scratch-offs...
    have you ever won anything? what'd you do with your earnings?

There was a woman on LI a couple years ago who embezzled a shitton of money from her company to fund her scratchoff habit...

Article here

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I used to sell the paper crack. I can tell you, people spend a lot of money on lottery addiction. I'm talking hundreds of dollars a day on 3 and 4 digit pics and scratch off tickets. We had regulars who would come in Friday, cash their check and spend a third or more on tickets. I would try and help them do the math, that even if they won once or twice a month they were still losing money, but an addict is an addict. Most of the regulars would tip out when they won, which was nice. I'll never waste my money on that shit though.

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    The lottery is a tax on greed and ignorance.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I used to sell the paper crack. I can tell you, people spend a lot of money on lottery addiction. I'm talking hundreds of dollars a day on 3 and 4 digit pics and scratch off tickets. We had regulars who would come in Friday, cash their check and spend a third or more on tickets. I would try and help them do the math, that even if they won once or twice a month they were still losing money, but an addict is an addict. Most of the regulars would tip out when they won, which was nice. I'll never waste my money on that shit though.

My first job outta school.

Every night we would have a small box, (think cigar box) with the days winning scratch tickets inside. And then we would throw out 7 or 8 full garbage bags of the losers.

Idiot tax.

(rubs weekly 5 euro lotto ticket, chuckles).

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I play now and again and still haven't won the jackpot. Considering writing them a letter asking what's taking so long.

• The lottery is a tax on greed and ignorance.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    There was a woman on LI a couple years ago who embezzled a shitton of money from her company to fund her scratchoff habit...

Article here

funny how that article is listed right above another story about the jackpot increasing in iowa, along with winning numbers. MESSAGE!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    The lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    ^^^ STOPPED BELIEVING.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I have an online direct debit set up with a weekly ticket for a lucky dip. This means that I get to remove the money from my account without having to even go through the pain of buying a ticket or choosing my own numbers.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    My postman mate got 6 numbers on the UK kottery some years back, in the big money heyday. Ordinarily that would have meant at least 10mil.

However, he was in a syndicate with all the other posties, and it was the week where about 50 winning tickets were bought. He ended up with ?88,000.
    Not to be sniffed at, but no game changer.

He spent the money on his wife attending the Options institute in Boston to thoroughly learn about autism to aid his son, and a new car.
    He's now split from the missus and the motor is long gone.

The moral? Buy a ticket man, you might win some loot.

Also reminded of the lottery joke, for which the punchline is: so God says "Meet me halfway Avi, buy a f*cking ticket".