Tyrone Washington- Do Right

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Whats this album like ? Any good ? Funky ? It's on blue labor so I'm thinking it's some kind of private press union record.I was looking through the funky groovy lexikon and found it's pictured but had never heard of it.Craig Moerer has one for 200 on ebay but his prices are always about 2x too high. dave

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    its a a pretty funky jazz LP. Idris Muhammad is on drums. The title track is pretty nice with this really bad singing thats actaully really charming in that lowbudget small studio type way. The whole album isn't as funky as that one track but its nice overall.
    I don't think the price is anywhere near $200 though, more like about 1/3 of that.

• thanks guzzle

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I have one I would probably be willing to trade..hit me on the PM with some trades and lets see what we can work out...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Whats this album like ? Any good ? Funky ? It's on blue labor so I'm thinking it's some kind of private press union record.

I've never heard this album, but Blue Labor was owned by Kent Cooper and was primarily a blues label, although they did release jazz (Tyrone Washington) and gospel from time to time. I believe this would have been around 1975 (they used to advertise in Living Blues magazine a lot); I think they were from New York.