The Four Horsemen Appreciation

incompletejigsawincompletejigsaw 756 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
I'm a huge fan of Ultramagnetic MCs, and Critical Beatdown is an undeniable classic. But I was revisiting The Four Horsemen this week and realized that it never really got as much critical acclaim or spotlight that Critical did. I personally liked the change Ced Gee made in his delivery on this album. Who else rides for this album?!

Comments

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    I ride.

It doesnt deserve the same love a Crritical Beatdown though.

Godfather Don took over the production duties here.

Rhythm X is in fine form.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

It doesnt deserve the same love a Critical Beatdown though.

Critical Beatdown is a f*ckin' MONSTER!! "Ego Trippin", "Ease Back", "Kool Keith Housing Things", "Give the drummer some"!!!

For it's time this whole LP was

it still is next level in 2010 but were talmbout 4 Horsemen.

• spexxxspexxx 37 Posts
    Definetly ride.

Enter your spaceship.

• Although it doesn't get or maybe deserve as much acclaim as Critical, it was most definitely better than Funk Your Head Up.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Criminally underappreciated.

Although it doesn't get or maybe deserve as much acclaim as Critical, it was most definitely better than Funk Your Head Up.

Poppa Large Beatminerz Remix > The Four Horsemen

• Although it doesn't get or maybe deserve as much acclaim as Critical, it was most definitely better than Funk Your Head Up.

Poppa Large Beatminerz Remix > The Four Horsemen

A remix that wasn't on the album, though. And yes, that remix was pretty

• I didn't hate Funk Your Head Up. I'm just saying that The Four Horsemen was a better album from beginning to end for me. But "Stop Jockin Me" was one of my favorites.

I was in line at my local supermarket in front of Kool Keith. We had a good convo.
    Talmbout instant Mac N Cheese n shit.
    One day imma get him to come to the crib and sign all my Ultra/KK rekkids.

• Kool Keith is one of those MCs that I wish I could have a convo with. And in a supermarket?! Crazy. But that does sound like some Kool Keith stuff right there.

• MY SHIT

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    One of my fave nineties albums - this did get a lot of love from heads when it dropped as far as I can remember - maybe not as far as sales or mainstream success but I dont think any of the ultra stuff achieved that

one two one two and raise it up are classic 90's material, no doubt. I still drop these in the mix.

"word to mom I'm in my own world - GALAXY RAYS! Powerful!"

• So sick, I remember that vid with Keith riding in tye motorcycle side car. Bananas, no homo.

• arXarX 12 Posts

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    Yep, great LP Kool Keith was on fine form. The only track I idn't rate on it was the Ced Gee ona about baseball.