Spin Clean (RR)

CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Hi!Anyone used the Spin Clean thingy? Looks pretty good, and it's a cheap option compared to the VPI cleaner and all that.Thoughts? Good? Bad? Meaningless since you could do the same with a brush?http://www.turntablelab.com/dj_equipment/42/172/85005.htmlhttp://www.spincleanrecordwasher.com/index.html

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I went to the website and watched the demonstration. It appears that you would be better off getting the record cleaner were you supply your own vacuum. This cleaning system doesn't vacuum the grime off you can basically do what this system does by holding a brush in your hand and then wiping (drying) the record off. Either way you are wiping/ drying grime back into the grooves....

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I went to the website and watched the demonstration. It appears that you would be better off getting the record cleaner were you supply your own vacuum. This cleaning system doesn't vacuum the grime off you can basically do what this system does by holding a brush in your hand and then wiping (drying) the record off. Either way you are wiping/ drying grime back into the grooves....

"This washer fluid is created from a special formula that encapsulates the dirt and keeps it suspended in the system instead of evaporating or redepositing it back on to your valuable record"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

"This washer fluid is created from a special formula that encapsulates the dirt and keeps it suspended in the system instead of evaporating or redepositing it back on to your valuable record"

Yeah riiiight....sorry I don't buy it (literally) special formula encapsulating dirt keeping it suspended in the system. Yet you are still spinning the record in the dirty ass water which is in turn going to get right back in the groove of the record and you still have to wipe/ dry the record which in turn puts grime back into the groove. From my exp no matter how many "cheap" fix devices they put out either buy a vacuum based cleaner, or all mint records.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

Yeah riiiight....sorry I don't buy it (literally) special formula encapsulating dirt keeping it suspended in the system. Yet you are still spinning the record in the dirty ass water which is in turn going to get right back in the groove of the record and you still have to wipe/ dry the record which in turn puts grime back into the groove. From my exp no matter how many "cheap" fix devices they put out either buy a vacuum based cleaner, or all mint records.

It sounds a bit odd, yeah.

That's why I wanna hear what essential heads who know transactions think about it.

I can't afford a VPI vacuum thing, so this is interesting.

It sounds a bit odd, yeah.

That's why I wanna hear what essential heads who know transactions think about it.

I can't afford a VPI vacuum thing, so this is interesting.

I use a K.A.B EV1 http://www.kabusa.com/ev1.htm , or for a review http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/kabev1_e.htmlsame as a Nitty Gritty only difference is you supply the vacuum.