me you and everyone we know; rize; broken flowers

spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
anybody seen all of these?which one would you watch first?thanks for your recommendations.

Comments

• somebody's got a date!

havent seen any of that but theyre showing style wars with the re/visited thing and i think there's gonna be a panel of sorts. its at that MOCA after dark thing on saturday. bring your best bjorn borg though, these moca things are silly with the hipsters, weird old dudes, and hot art chicks. on second thought maybe its best if you see that jarmusch film.

• what am i saying. my money's on that new wong kar-wai joint 2046. i think its only playing here and new york. arent we special?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    that moca thing looks interesting. is style wars worth checkin gout?
    i'm looking forward to hip hop karaoke next @ uponshot next week - dibs on biggie's "the what" with lilmisskim taking method man's part.

me, you, and everyone we know is a good date flick.
    rize is a good movie to see after a blunt at magic johnson theaters.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    what am i saying. my money's on that new wong kar-wai joint 2046. i think its only playing here and new york. arent we special?

its aiight
    every asian mofo seen it on VCD
    word to Aser
    shit is pretty

• that moca thing looks interesting. is style wars worth checkin gout?

style wars is ill like gout. check it out.

buddy pass and shigster you two are pissing me off. dropping the fun shit when i cant be around. i am beginning to feel un-luv ed. can you find some fun shit to do say next weekend when i can actually be here?

• what am i saying. my money's on that new wong kar-wai joint 2046. i think its only playing here and new york. arent we special?

i have the 2046 on dvd already. well [email]m@**@[/email] does. i havent watched it yet. just the trailer...

mandrew: see style wars! that movie is the reason graffiti is international. kids were passing around dubs of dubs to friends. dont know about seeing it at moca though, but the big screen could be dope. ive probably seen it as many times as shig has seen pretty in pink so im gonna pass on the moca, but even if you dont see it there rent the dvd. has a dope soundtrack too.

• buddy pass and shigster you two are pissing me off. dropping the fun shit when i cant be around. i am beginning to feel un-luv ed. can you find some fun shit to do say next weekend when i can actually be here?

am i supposed to be budddy pass? if so lets do something next weekend for sure. btw was talking with the latest 3025 associate about going camping or fishing soon. fishing could be cool because i wouldn't actually fish and just get real drunk like an old man on his front porch and make fun of everyone else for not catching anything.

if im not buddy pass than fuck it your not invited! (yo buddy pass what you gettin into next weekend?)

btw pt2. shig thinks of all the fun stuff to do, some people say mikee is the life of the part because he rips a fart or two. i just tag along to get scene points.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    new wong kar-wai joint 2046. i think its only playing here and new york. arent we special?

It premiered in Europe like six months ago. Anyway, I thought it was good, except I couldn't get into the sci-fi visuals, I thought they were pointless (and what's up with those "hidden" LG commercials? Corny). I just saw Hiroshima Mon Amour and it was pretty funny seeing where Wong-Kar Wai got his steez from.

• broken flowers was cool, the ending was kind of a head scratcher, but then again, this is my first jarmusch film, so maybe i'm missing something...

felt a bit like garden state+lost in traslation, without the sappy love story... lots of staring. the soundtrack is definitely on point:

1. There Is an End - The Greenhornes
    2. Yegelle Tezeta - Mulatu Astatke
    3. Bang Bang - Jackie Mittoo
    4. I Want You - Marvin Gaye
    5. Yekermo Sew - Mulatu Astatke
    6. Not If You Were the Last Dandy on Earth - BJM
    7. Tell Me Now So I Know - Holly Golightly
    8. Aire (Pavan a 5 in C Minor & Fantasy (A 6 in F Major) - Fretwork
    9. Ride Your Donkey - The Tennors
    10. Dreams I'll Never See - The Allman Brothers Band
    11. Gueblye - Mulatu Astatke
    12. Dopesmoker - Sleep
    13. Ethanopium - Dengue Fever
    14. Requiem, Op, 48 (Pie Jesu) - Oxford Camerata
    15. Unnatural Habitat - The Greenhornes

• robo-tail, keep your calendar open on the 20th. you too, uh, "buddy pass". more fun in la puente