Darondo 45 question

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Does anyone have any info on the differences with the 'Didn't I' 45?I've seen 2 white/red labels that differ and then the green one. Represses?

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    They're all legit "of the era" pressings. There have been threads on this in the past but they might've been lost in the board crash.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    So the red/white pressing that omits 'records' from 'music city records' is still legit?
    I ask as a seller on Gemm claims they only surfaced in 2008 and he *hints* at those ones being bootlegs.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    The red and white ones are legit. I bought mine from Mike Vague at the Pasadena fair, he said he got them deadstock from the label, and that dude is a stand up guy... so yeah, it's legit from my POV.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    So both of these are legit:

As this guy on Gemm states:
    1972 ORIGINAL large lettering white label pressing, possibly a DJ / promo / demo copy however not marked as such ~ Record is guaranteed original and comes from brand new old original distributor stock I acquired in the mid-70's
    These original pressings have the pressing plant logo machine stamped in run-off groove area along with the matrix numbers and "delta" symbol

CAUTION: Another white label version with smaller print size and label name listed as "Music City" instead of "Music City Records" never seen by me prior to mid-2008 and never shown on any of the auction results sites prior to 2008 has recently surfaced and been listed by several sellers on internet record sales sites and is of unknown origin to me

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    The record the seller is cautious about is 100% legit.

Stock of that variation surfaced in 2008 through the backstock of Music City itself.

Looking at the seller's wording, it appears intended to benefit his listing of a different variation of the record. No harm in trying to sell your item but his speculation is unfounded. It's true that - at this moment - the latter variation is floating around a bit more than the other two. But there's nothing illegitimate about the record in any way.

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    not perfect (some of the text is absent), but hope this helps...

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...ic=&Search=true

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    They're all legit "of the era" pressings.