Lawrence Taylor Rape Allegations

incompletejigsawincompletejigsaw 756 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-05-06-lawrence-taylor-rape-allegation_N.htm?csp=34Watching the live reports of this on ESPN, then on CNN, really shocked me. Knowing Lawrence Taylor's past while playing football and after he retired, I knew he had troubles, but I would never think that he would do something like that. I know that people are supposed to be innocent unless proven guilty, but this story just speaks all sorts of strange to me.

Comments

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    NY Sports Radio is on fire this morning.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    In other news, water is wet.

You didn't need to post this here, young strange dude you.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Jamarcus Russell is unemployed.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-05-06-lawrence-taylor-rape-allegation_N.htm?csp=34

Watching the live reports of this on ESPN, then on CNN, really shocked me. Knowing Lawrence Taylor's past while playing football and after he retired, I knew he had troubles, but I would never think that he would do something like that. I know that people are supposed to be innocent unless proven guilty, but this story just speaks all sorts of strange to me.

Don't go getting any ideas, skippy.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    LT needs a new lawyer.

His current lawyer was quoted yesterday as saying "Lawrence Taylor did NOT have consensual sex with anyone".

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Why can't this be talked about here? It's topical, no? Am
    I missing something here?

I'm personally not wanting to hear about it as a 13 year old girl that was in our breakdancing class last semester was just abducted from her middle school yesterday by a 25 year old that her parents were in the process of bringing up on charges for already committing what has been described as a violent felony act against her. Maybe I don't speak for everyone else, but you now at least see where I'm coming from. No jokes today on this topic PLEASE!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Jamarcus Russell is unemployed.

I'm sure he consoled himself by eating five goddamn pot pies.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I'm personally not wanting to hear about it as a 13 year old girl that was in our breakdancing class last semester was just abducted from her middle school yesterday by a 25 year old that her parents were in the process of bringing up on charges for already committing what has been described as a violent felony act against her. Maybe I don't speak for everyone else, but you now at least see where I'm coming from. No jokes today on this topic PLEASE!

Perhaps you should be more pro-active in protecting your own feelings and avoid clicking on the thread discussing rape allegations.

Alright, go ahead...y'all have my permission to go on like only the internet knows how. I either ignore or be over here protecting my feelings accordingly.

• http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-05-06-lawrence-taylor-rape-allegation_N.htm?csp=34

Watching the live reports of this on ESPN, then on CNN, really shocked me. Knowing Lawrence Taylor's past while playing football and after he retired, I knew he had troubles, but I would never think that he would do something like that. I know that people are supposed to be innocent unless proven guilty, but this story just speaks all sorts of strange to me.

Don't go getting any ideas, skippy.

Lawrence Taylor is in no way a hero or role model in my eyes, but I never like to see things like this have to happen to anyone. If this story is true, and all I can do is pray that it's not, then his life as a New York legend is over. It's a shame, too. One of the greatest players of all time, and this is what he'll most likely be remembered for.

Alright, go ahead...y'all have my permission to go on like only the internet knows how. I either ignore or be over here protecting my feelings accordingly.

I'm not trying to be an a$$hole or anything. Just saying ... on a day that you're especially sensitive to a particular subject, rather than relying on the goodwill of everyone on Soulstrut to walk on eggshells, just don't read the thread about that subject.

It's cool, don't worry...I realize it's just like the internet and stuff.

You're odd, Harvey.

Maybe, but not seeing it in this case.

So basically you want the whole internet to stop talking about a celebrity who may or may not have done some messed up sh*t because something equally messed up is going on in your area which (understandably) affects you emotionally?

That's either odd or incredibly arrogant. I'm gonna go with both.

P.S. I really hope you didn't read this post because
    you took the advice above and stayed out of a thread that causes you emotional discomfort.

Not so difficult to understand:

Herm: Why can't this be talked about here?

Harvey: I'm personally not wanting to hear about it ...

I'm sure RAJ will be pissed at having this revealed early, but a big part of the new SoulStrut is the name change to HarveyStrut. All posts will have to be ok'd by Harvey before they "go live". This will eliminate any of these uncomfortable situations in the future.

I'm gonna excuse you Herm for this bs as I'm sure the Arizona immigration law thing has you in a sorted state.

But like I amended, I'm fine...discuss away. In fact, I'll start...

Played football like a beast -> smoked crack like a beast -> is a beast.

That and...America leads the world in shocks.

Not so difficult to understand:

Herm: Why can't this be talked about here?

Harvey: I'm personally not wanting to hear about it ...

I'm sure RAJ will be pissed at having this revealed early, but a big part of the new SoulStrut is the name change to HarveyStrut. All posts will have to be ok'd by Harvey before they "go live". This will eliminate any of these uncomfortable situations in the future.

Oh, I've seen dudes whine about much lesser things as if they were far too taboo to discuss and then watched the gallery cosign.

Maybe if I mentioned the girl was a Democrat...

Ooooooooookay, Harvey....

Yeesh.

"Hey, that guy whined so I'm gonna whine! Then I'm gonna totally about-face on my personal feelings towards my local situation and carry on in this thread anyways. Wheeee!"

Okay, I'm done. Sorry about the situation in your city. It sounds ugly and depressing. My heart also goes out to the 16 year old in this LT mess too. And the 14 year old runaway that was being "taught" to prostitute by an 18 year old woman and 24 year old woman here in town yesterday. And f*ck you to the pimp that escaped before the police raided the house.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i caught hell for saying Jamarcus would be the biggest bust ever.....imagine how many plus size minks he's going to collect with $39mil to piss away ...as ass as he is i'd give him a shot on my team for a couple grand....why trust the Raiders ability to "groom" anything or anyone.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    as ass as he is i'd give him a shot on my team for a couple grand....why trust the Raiders ability to "groom" anything or anyone.

... he's a lazy bum that'll probably never do anything worthwhile in the NFL but he's also a lazy bum who has the ability to make every throw in the book... now that he's out of Al Davis' cuckoo nest who knows, maybe being in a sane environment will inspire him to pick up the playbook every now and then. maybe.

as for LT, what can you say... great football skills are temporary but dumb is forever

• Options
    Age of consent in NY is 17, this girl is 16. The girl told him she was 19, and says the pimp told her to say she was 19.

If LT wasn't a celebrity this would be the world's biggest non-story and there'd be almost no chance that he'd be looking at jail time. If he ends up doing time it's just because they want to make an example out of him.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    If LT wasn't a celebrity this would be the world's biggest non-story and there'd be almost no chance that he'd be looking at jail time. If he ends up doing time it's just because they want to make an example out of him.

Hey,

It just goes to show how wonderful it is to be monogamous in your marriage. If he would focus his sexual activity on his WIFE instead of an underage, non-consenting hooker, he wouldn't be in such a mess.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    He will forever be a hero to me for beating Bam Bam Bigelow at Wrestlemania 10, 11 or 12 or whatever the hell number it was.

• Options

Hey,

It just goes to show how wonderful it is to be monogamous in your marriage. If he would focus his sexual activity on his WIFE instead of an underage, non-consenting hooker, he wouldn't be in such a mess.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yeah, I guess. Still doesn't seem like an offense that should result in jail time if he had no reason to think she was underage and was specifically told she was 19.

Yeah, I guess. Still doesn't seem like an offense that should result in jail time if he had no reason to think she was underage and was specifically told she was 19.

Yeah, because prostitution itself is totally like legal and stuff.

• Options

Yeah, because prostitution itself is totally like legal and stuff.

What happens to johns who get busted with hookers usually? A fine, maybe some community service. It's not exactly the crime of the century.