No flood talk?

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Any strutter dealing with this right now? From vidz posted it seems kinda crazy.

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

Really surprised at the lack of coverage (and discussion) on this. My girl worked in Nashville late '01 through Spring '02, and she has a lot of friends out there. All of them are saying it's bad - Katrina-bad in some places. Even during the brief period I spent out there, I witnessed rainstorms that were biblical in comparison to the worst I've seen in this country, and this looks especially grim. 16" of rain in less than 48 hours is no joke. I know the oil spill has greater implications in terms of the environment, and this flood maybe doesn't match Katrina in terms of the failure by the authorities at every level to respond effectively, but judging from some of the photos I saw of the city's downtown area over the weekend (even boston.com's The Big Picture hasn't covered it), there's some hard times ahead for the folks in Nashville.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I know this sounds cynical, but new Orleans is this nation's token southern city when it comes to media coverage. The south isn't regarded as news worthy as the east or west coast for some reason. The south conjures up all kinds of " big deal" to a lot of folks, particulary the media. A fucking mudslide wipes out a few mansions in ca , you'll undoubetedly hear about it. This board is a prime example, even though it was only my record room that flooded and I lost a few hundred lps, I didn't lose everything like the poor folks in Nashville are, my thread mentioning it was only acknowledged by few folks whereas dude who got his 45s peed on by his cat got tons of replies and advice. Not calling the whaaaaabulamps, just using it as an example of how it is sorta a microcosm for a lot of media coverage of events that happen in the south.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    When was the last time you saw news from Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis etc?

it's all flyover country to the bi-coastal media elites

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Does every natural disaster event need a 5 pager of sympathy?

that cat pee thing was a real tragedy tho

truly a nightmare most record dudes can relate to

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Does every natural disaster event need a 5 pager of sympathy?

Doesn't care about white people...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Does every natural disaster event need a 5 pager of blame?

It is true that the media is very NY/LA centric.

Best wishes to all those who have been flooded.....I've been there, it sucks.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    meteorlogical terrorist attack.

Does every natural disaster event need a 5 pager of blame?

Obama caused the Nashville flood with a secret CIA weather machine because he hates our freedoms and country music