Fryer Mantis Message Board

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
is it me or are the set sales on Fryer Mantis Message Board This is no jab at that board, i think there is some good posting on it. I just have a hard time no laughing at the set sales price.

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    what are some examples of these funny prices?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Sure, some of the prices on there can be a bit wacky but I have seen some absolute STEALS on there over the years. There have been plenty of times when I've tried to buy a record only to find that I'd been beaten to the punch.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It costs money to import all of those records in from the states. They gotta make it back somehow.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    It cost money to import all of those records in from the states. They gotta make it back somehow.

greatest attempt at a discount I ever heard, from a British dude...He told me "He couldnt pay what we were asking because he had to pay for his plane ticket, hotel, etc..." Uhhh, I dont care. This record cost x amount for the guy who lives across the street, and it costs that same x amount for you...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    yeah, I've had it with the qualifiers.

• I think it's you, there is quite a bit of gentleman's pricing on the board, e.g not taking the piss and being fair.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I think it's you, there is quite a bit of gentleman's pricing on the board, e.g not taking the piss and being fair.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Fryer's is a great place to sell high end 45s...yes, you will get lots of insulting offers, but it seems that there is always someone willing to buy what you have for what you are asking, usually within a few days of your posting it...so if you just want going rate and dont wanna give ebay a cut, its the place to go.

Soul-Source, now thats a different matter...whenever you try to sell something, there is always some old jack off from Lipton-upon-wherever telling you your record isnt worth that much...trying to give you a good talking to, because you dont know what you're talking about because "back in anderson's soul bowl days blah blah blah"

I like Fryer's, but there seems to be too many avatars of folks' ugly kids...

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Lipton-upon-wherever

Ha ha, lovely.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Does anyone know what happened with the forum? Does it still exist?

• It broke and im just to busy to fix it.

i will when i get time, 2 kids a Deli and Jazzman does not leave much.

• The_Hook_Up said:
    Lipton-upon-wherever

Thanks for reminding me.