The Corporation

Rod_TorfulsonRod_Torfulson 464 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Has anyone here seen this? Netflix synopsis:This documentary charts the spectacular rise of corporations as a dramatic, pervasive presence in our lives. Filmmakers March Achbar and Jennifer Abbott present a timely, entertaining critique of global conglomerates as they chronicle the origins of corporations, as well as their inner workings, controversial impacts and possible futures. The pros and cons are weighed via interviews with social critics such as Noam Chomsky and Michael Moore.

Comments

• slushslush 691 Posts
    there is a movie version and a tv version that was broadcasted on canadian TV and is about an hour longer. if you can, track down the latter.

• I saw the movie version, I just wanted to find out if others here had seen it.

The part with the IBM memos about the concentration camps is worth the price by itself.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    I saw the movie version, I just wanted to find out if others here had seen it.
    The part with the IBM memos about the concentration camps is worth the price by itself.

yeah pretty intense
    and that's just one mark in IBM's illustrious history.

• What about copyrights on portions of the human genome? Scary Shit.

• great movie. it was totally worth the $6.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I got it on Netflix about two weeks ago. It's very indepth and informative. You should definately check it out.
    Runs a little long though.