GENERAL DORKING OUT ON OUTER SPACE THREAD (NRR)

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    But you'd be everywhere dude. EVERYWHERE!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    You then have to begin to ask yourself what qualifies "Being there" - what this actually requires of the observer (Remote Viewing, Jonathan Livingston Seagull-R)...

It's like... if all rekkids were instantly available to listen to on the internet, why the need to go and find a copy yourself? You have the internet, you therefore have the rekkids already.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I'm under your bed. RIGHT NOW.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

I'm under your bed. RIGHT NOW.

Brb, just going to the toilet. mahahaha

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Working in an international space agency for 6 months now has opened my eyes on a few things. The spatial atmosphere outside Earth in fact dominated by orbits. With the current technology it is not possible to fly a rocket from here to the moon straight, like they make it seem in cartoons, but you need to navigate there on an orbit.

Meaning, when you launch something in space, Earth's turn and gravitation automatically place it orbiting the Earth. Getting farther form Earth requires constant propulsion in order to twist the orbit in the wanted direction, for example making it elliptical instead of circular. The early moon mission was accomplished with a elliptical orbit around the Earth, if I remember correctly.

I guess everything in space is orbiting something. I guess this means it is composed of circular motion. This might of course be completely wrong, I'm not a scientist.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Not to mention that even if we do venture out into the universe in the future, communication could be a problem.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    ROFL

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Most 4th dimensional "aliens" that visit Earth are some batches...responsible for enslaving us and genetically modifying us into less than our actual human selves. Fortunately, there is still a bunch of other higher dimensional genes mixed in there, in addition to our indiginous-to-Earth human genes...which allows us to retain a far greater potential (pineal gland related) that hopefully we'll be able to once again access some day.

Too many view these 4th dimensional human pet owners as God, when God is really the Creator of the entire universe, not just a dude in the clouds who runs Earth. Seriously, Jehovah and Yahweh are not the end-all, be-all. On the other hand, Jesus is a 9th dimensional entity, as are Buddha and Mohammed. They are the real deal when it comes to positive energy and all the things we'd prefer to associate as God-like.

As we humans progress from 3rd dimensional reality to 4th and so on...we get closer to being able to manifest our own realities through mere thought alone. So, it becomes important to get right before that happens or we'll be manifesting a bunch of bullshucks instead of the paradise we all deserve to live in.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    HOW DOES HE KNOW THIS! AMAZING!

• dying to see this joint, but it's not showing around here:

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I read up on the work Bob Lazar did for the US Navy / Area 51 (documented)

Wasn't he exposed as a fraud? I tried to stay away from referencing people like him and only used what I consider "credible" people in my earlier post (written half drunk at 4am fwiw). It makes it that much easier for people to shoot down the idea when using someone questionable as an example.

The other problem with all of this is, there's so much bullshit and lies that you spend half the time sifting through a mountain of hoaxes or false reports to get to anything resembling the truth.

How do some of you explain the volume of sightings around the world for hundreds of years?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFO_sightings

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Most 4th dimensional "aliens" that visit Earth are some batches...responsible for enslaving us and genetically modifying us into less than our actual human selves. Fortunately, there is still a bunch of other higher dimensional genes mixed in there, in addition to our indiginous-to-Earth human genes...which allows us to retain a far greater potential (pineal gland related) that hopefully we'll be able to once again access some day.

Too many view these 4th dimensional human pet owners as God, when God is really the Creator of the entire universe, not just a dude in the clouds who runs Earth. Seriously, Jehovah and Yahweh are not the end-all, be-all. On the other hand, Jesus is a 9th dimensional entity, as are Buddha and Mohammed. They are the real deal when it comes to positive energy and all the things we'd prefer to associate as God-like.

As we humans progress from 3rd dimensional reality to 4th and so on...we get closer to being able to manifest our own realities through mere thought alone. So, it becomes important to get right before that happens or we'll be manifesting a bunch of bullshucks instead of the paradise we all deserve to live in.

I love it.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

I love it.

Harvey better be careful, because calling Jesus an n=9 dim entity is basically calling Him superstring, and ain't no Xian Fundies gonna like that one little bit.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I love it.

Jesus. That's what I'm talking about. It makes it hard to have a logical conversation.

Archaic

vs.

Hawking

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    How do some of you explain the volume of sightings around the world for hundreds of years?

In the same way I explain the millions of people who see angels, or ghosts and believe 'God' speaks to them. It's human nature to want to believe that there is something bigger than us 'out there'.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

In the same way I explain the millions of people who see angels, or ghosts and believe 'God' speaks to them. It's human nature to want to believe that there is something bigger than us 'out there'.

Major cosign. People believe this stuff because knowing we have absolutely no control over anything is a hard pill to swallow. And don't even get started on the whole "what's our purpose" aspect.

As a human, why doubt "human nature"?

It could also be called intuition and it doesn't come from nothing. Our dna contains information that has collected over millions upon millions of Earth years and even though we can't quite access that information directly, it subconsciously pushes us into thinking and acting in certain ways.

Personally, I trust my own intuition.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I can definitely see that. I also know that many credible people with much to lose have come out in defense of it being true. This is one of those things where people need proof it exists and others need proof it does not.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    can't prove a negative.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

I can definitely see that. I also know that many credible people with much to lose have come out in defense of it being true. This is one of those things where people need proof it exists and others need proof it does not.

It's the same as religion in both the action of faith versus evidence, and its utility for the human psyche. I read a rather convincing argument that religion is man's answer to the human species' unique ability to think abstractly and thus forsee our own individual mortality. In order to make our lives worthwhile, there must be something beyond our own temporary survival and finite lifespan.

can't prove a negative.

You can't prove that I can't.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    can't prove a negative.

You can prove it doesn't exist by giving a human/earthly explanation for whatever it is people are seeing or experiencing. It's a catch 22 and that's why I just respect what people believe and do my own thing. I'm actually more skeptical than I've ever been after looking into this schitt. I'm also sure life exists beyond our own.

How did the Dogon tribe of Africa know about the existence and exact location of Sirius B before modern Western science advanced enough to "discover" it?

In other words, science is inadequate as it's dependent on observation rather than actual knowledge.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    can't prove a negative.

You can prove it doesn't exist by giving a human/earthly explanation for whatever it is people are seeing or experiencing. It's a catch 22 and that's why I just respect what people believe and do my own thing. I'm actually more skeptical than I've ever been after looking into this schitt. I'm also sure life exists beyond our own.

The burden of proof is always on the one making a "spectacular" claim.

For example I can tell you that pink unicorns exist. You might say to me "prove it". Then I reply "prove they don't". You can't. It's impossible. How would you go about it? Do you start wandering the earth looking for one? Of course not. Your only argument could be that there is no evidence that it exists, so the burden of proof would be on me to provide that evidence since I am making that claim.

If 100 people make the same claim as me the rules still applies. Just becaue 100 of us are now saying there are pink elephants doesn't make it true. Antecdotal Evidence is not evidence at all.

So I'm not saying there are or aren't Aliens, but no actual proof of such a thing exists, so I have no compelling reason to beleive it.

There is plenty of proof. Many just deny it.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

What would be the motivation to deny something when there is plenty of proof of it?

Can you provide a few examples? And by proof I mean something that could not be easily faked or has no other explanation.

Just to make sure we're all on the same terms, evidence suggests something, proof proves that it is fact.

What would be the motivation to deny something when there is plenty of proof of it?

Can you provide a few examples? And by proof I mean something that could not be easily faked or has no other explanation.

Try to explain the Dogon tribe/Sirius B thing I mentioned above. The Dogons explain it by saying alien creatures came down to Earth and taught them such a thing. I personally believe them.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

Just to make sure we're all on the same terms, evidence suggests something, proof proves that it is fact.

yeah, that.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    Buzz Aldrain says "go to Phobos!"

Phobos is one of two orbiting moons of Mars, there is a giant monolith on Phobos (there are pictures). Recent Russian satalite info puts the 16 mile wide hamburger shaped moon as being 1/3 hollow. There is much speculation on the orgin of Phobos as it does not fit squarely into our traditional measurement of what a moon is. Some think it's "artificial"....