Calibro 35 (Eurocrime)

E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
This is kinda but I didn't find anything while searching the boards.Not sure if the function is not working, but whatever...These dudes from Italy seem to replay alot of the italian police joints from Micalizzi, Umiliani and the likes. So its good library/ost heat.I enjoyed their take on La Morte Accarezza A Mezzanotte too since this is one of my alltime favorites. Of course the OG cant be touched, esp since they are missing the soaring woodwinds and the rest of the big backing orchestra. Still a great listen

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I love collecting and watching this subgenre of cop movie. Most of my tapes are poliziotteschi films or political intrigue flicks that use European locales. Anyhow, no late pass. Of all new bands discussed on this board, I've never seen anyone mention Calibro 35 here. They're playing Los Angeles on October 14th through the 17th (more USA dates below). These guys have that Morricone, Goblin, etc. feel down pat...not your typical jam/cover/revivalist band. They're going to be providing the soundtrack to the upcoming Mike Malloy documentary, Eurocrime, which is being held up in production due to the licensing of movie footage, according to the folks at LovelockandLoad.

"Oct 9th @ Nublu --New York City
    Oct 10th @ Fontana's -New York City
    Oct 11th @ Lakeside Lounge -New York City
    Oct 13th @ Zebulon -New York City

Oct 14th @ USC - Los Angeles
    Oct 15th @ KCRW radio - Santa Monica
    Oct 16th @ Standard Hotel - Los Angeles
    Oct 17th @ Fonda Teathre - Los Angeles"

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    I wish I could see them in europe!

Can you share some more on the genre esp with recent stuff?
    I've been a big fan for a while when it comes to the grimey 70s giallo and eurocrime.

There are some videos on youtube of micalizzi playing some of his greatest tracks live with a medium sized orchestra.

I lost ALOT of my downloaded movies this year when 2 of my HDs went to nirvana but I managed to rescue quite some of the Lenzi and Argento movies I had collected. Avati also comes to mind.

House with the laughing windows is still special to me

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Recent movies? My knowledge of current flicks in that style are limited; Jason Bourne movies and such. I really get a kick out of Fernando Di Leo films and some Castellari ones. I, in general, don't like Lenzi and Argento movies unless they are crime/mystery related and don't deal with the undead. I can be entertained by moronic criminals getting mowed down my gunfire, but I cannot stand the "women getting eaten alive by zombies" fare, to be honest.

Na I meant recent music surrounding this genre as I've been out of touch with eurocrime rls's and resissues/comps for a couple years.

Yeah the mystery Argentos are pretty good.

I remember watching his TV movies that I downloaded.
    There was this crime/mystery one about a murderer on a train.
    The suspense was pretty good

Some of the slasher gore stuff can be fun, but in a different way than violent goofy cops with staches packing heat

Seems like I have some castellari, atleast the more known ones like La polizia incrimina la legge assolve, which has a great de angelis ost btw

The Di Leo ones ive seen are pretty intense. If I remember Manhunt correctly the father goes nuts and quite some psych elements are mixed into the equasion when he looses his mind over the bad guys. good stuff!

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    I was wondering about Franco Micalizzi, is there an og vinyl release for Stridulum? discogs seems to be incomplete but there a few gems I cant seem to find og lps for. anyone have the complete discography on dude?

Stridulum is far from being his best work.
    The orginal release was on Italian RCA (Promo I think?)

Of course everyone knows the Violence Lib, Diabolica, then theres Chi Sei, Laur?, alot of these comps are flying around from unreleased OST's

All of which 5 minutes of Google could have brought you to the same result.

not sure why I'm posting this

http://www.italiansoundtracks.com