BOUTIQUE DIGGER

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Is it just me, or is this just some great soulstrut new graemlin schitt waiting to happen. Frank, thank you for coining a new term in diggin'Other highlights of the thread were Dante telling BBE to reissue the thread, and someone saying they should use the thread as linear notes. Hillarity.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm going to be doing some Boutique Digging this week. I was Electronically Digging all last month and I'm tired of it.

Probably going to Digging-By-Proxy over the next several months.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    What are the best clothes to wear when diggin' in boutiques, I don't want to blow up my spot, nor do I want to look too shabby in these places....

what the fuck is a boutique diggin' spot anyways? massive fucking lol.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    What are the best clothes to wear when diggin' in boutiques, I don't want to blow up my spot, nor do I want to look too shabby in these places....

what the fuck is a boutique diggin' spot anyways? massive fucking lol.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Hot damn... I almost cracked the code in that thread. I think Frank was going to let the secret slip until he caught himself.

Step 1: Visit Good Records NYC
    Step 2: Buy up Wall-pieces
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    The other weekend, I went boutique-digging-by-proxy. I asked the boutique owner to recommend records from his stock while I indulged in complimentary spirits and hors d'oeuvres.

^^^^^^^
    ME EATING HORS D'OEUVRES

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I don't personally care if you fly to Africa to go digging in dumpsters, or walk to the corner store and check the new arrivals bin every week. As long as you are pulling heat and know how to put shit together in a cohesive manner, I'm into it. The source does not make a difference to me, and will never have an impact on my listening experience.

I'm personally not feeling the Disco Lagos comp, and no amount of chicken sacrifices is going to change that.

I don't personally care if you fly to Africa to go digging in dumpsters, or walk to the corner store and check the new arrivals bin every week. As long as you are pulling heat and know how to put shit together in a cohesive manner, I'm into it. The source does not make a difference to me, and will never have an impact on my listening experience.

I'm personally not feeling the Disco Lagos comp, and no amount of chicken sacrifices is going to change that.

you're in the wrong thread hommie. this one is to escape that other one. so go away.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

you're in the wrong thread hommie. this one is to escape that other one. so go away.

Sorry, I didn't realize this was your Frank ballwashing thread.

Sorry, I didn't realize this was your Frank ballwashing thread.

nice try, NEXT.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

so if you shop at record stores with good records, does that make you a boutique digger?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Depends how expensive they are.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    if the record shop has hardwood floors that's a dead giveaway you are in a boutique

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Depends how expensive they are.

is 100$ for shamek farrah too much? Can i still hang?
    or should i have copped stark reality for 500? its more of a "boutique" record after all.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    if the record shop has hardwood floors that's a dead giveaway you are in a boutique

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the graemlin could be paul's boutique related

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    If you like the record, buy it. If you're gonna sample it, kool. If you're gonna hang it on the wall and never listen to it, kool too. If you want to sell it to me fot $1 when for you're done, even better.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I don't get locking down one of the best threads in awhile.

Can't strutters just talk about this still in another thread??

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I don't get the boutique digger bit. So I guess if I'm not in some ones basement, knee deep in mold and cat piss diggin through dust and dirt I'm not a true digger?!! F**K that! I go where ever has records. I've been in my share of basements and record stores alike...and some times the basement of record stores. Dudes are just splitting hairs.

• I don't get locking down one of the best threads in awhile.

Can't strutters just talk about this still in another thread??

don't worry I've already tucked away a mint PDF of the entire thread?now who's the celebrity diggeur

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    i d really like to know what happens to all this, just from a music industry point of view, as i m in the same boat.
    would be a shame if bbe had to suffer in court because of one track and some weak ego shit. I ve seen & experienced a fair bit of dirty stuff, but this seems like a case that could be solved with no sweat, if people would stop the bullsh*t.
    I said this before - its one track, and the money made would maybe cover 1 hour of a lawyers fee..

• if the record shop has *floors* that's a dead giveaway you are in a boutique

I don't get the boutique digger bit. So I guess if I'm not in some ones basement, knee deep in mold and cat piss diggin through dust and dirt I'm not a true digger?!! F**K that! I go where ever has records. I've been in my share of basements and record stores alike...and some times the basement of record stores. Dudes are just splitting hairs.

Yeah. At this point in my life, I'm a record buyer. If I have the time and the means, and there are records I want, I'll buy them. But real world moves have been trumping record buying for me for the most part for a while now, never mind the grind of putting in the time and effort to properly "dig."

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Saturn Records in Rockridge turned into a boutique several years ago. So there's that.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I buy all my records from authentic funk providers who can also tell me the name of the girl 'round the way

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Lisa, Angela, Pamela, Renee.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Mary Tucker.

I buy all my records from authentic funk providers who can also tell me the name of the girl 'round the way

Isn't there an element of mushroom procurement involved in this approach? Or am I mixing up my digging modi operandi?