BITCHES BREW APPRECIATION....

Comments

• yeah the macero edits work sometimes, sometimes they don't.

Like after hearing the Complete cellar door sessions, Live-Evil becomes pointless. Or the Live at the Fillmore original release. But Teo was probably just trying to stitch together 4 20-min LP sides out of a non-stop hour long performance.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I dig BB, Get up on it and Live/Evil, sure. But to me, this is the ultimate electric Miles album:

Dark Magus is nice too but it's more of a heroin freakout - kind of a different bag.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Dig his cover of guinevere by CSN on the complete bitches brew sessions.
    Yeah, that's the track.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I actually had an auditory vision listening to this in the 90's. Miles told me through his horn that I will get my money and be patient. These words played through the tones of a trumpet have kept me going over the years, seriously.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I actually had an auditory vision listening to this in the 90's. Miles told me through his horn that I will get my money and be patient. These words played through the tones of a trumpet have kept me going over the years, seriously.

STICK YOSELF!

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    goin' 2 put a bunch of miles on the ipod for bike travels now..
    the ghetto walk... in a silent way sessions . boom

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Yeah, that's the track.

Thank you.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Yeah, that's the track.

Thank you.

That's also on one of those late 70s comps of electric era material. "Circle In The Round" or "Directions".

As for BB, I definitely appreciate. Been a while since I listened to it. Time for a revisit soon.

• The 73-74 bands are the deepest electric stuff Miles ever did imo. Miles, Liebman, PETE COSEY, Reggie Lucas, Michael Henderson, Al Foster and MTume. Those guys were takin it OUT. Cosey putting down the guitar and making blips and bleeps on a Synthi aks and rocking a 12-string electric tuned to whatever.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

STICK YOSELF!

OK, before I agree I have to know what that means. I'm lost.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

STICK YOSELF!

OK, before I agree I have to know what that means. I'm lost.

go rent The Mack and see me next week

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

cueing it up and roling a spliff as we speak
    cheers

cant tell you how many times i have done that, i also ride for this lp

• i nominate "he loved him madly" as the ultimate electric miles song.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    gracias rey
    i like teo edits and all

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Speak on the Isle of Wight 1970 appearance. Dave Holland and dem. One piece of music, muy heavy.

I have to admit doe that for me, this period is not the most inspiring work Miles has done - there is nothing to be gained in trying to play like this, or play along with it.

You just encounter it.

I cannot ride for "On The Corner". That is like the emperor's new clothes right there. Cats were too far gone but wouldn't admit it.

• Japan only LP RAER. Pick it up at a boutique near you.

i don't think this is a Japan only record, bought this in '99 in a local record shop at a reasonable price.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Japan only LP RAER. Pick it up at a boutique near you.

i don't think this is a Japan only record, bought this in '99 in a local record shop at a reasonable price.

Original pressing was Japan only. There's a bootleg/reissue available though.

And your reasoning makes no sense. Are you saying that Japan only records are not available to reasonable prices in your local record stores? You better take your ass to the local boutique record store son!

• Japan only LP RAER. Pick it up at a boutique near you.

Original pressing was Japan only. There's a bootleg/reissue available though.

And your reasoning makes no sense. Are you saying that Japan only records are not available to reasonable prices in your local record stores? You better take your ass to the local boutique record store son!

haha! ok, i will do that!

the reason why i said this is because normally they charge like the double price for JPN pressings...

• i will check the record later this evening when i come home as i'm a 100% sure this is a legit US or EU release.

yeah, let me know, pretty sure it will either have red sony labels (second press) or orange and white labels (first press)...

fuck i love that record...

• along with Miles Live At The Fillmore

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    Jap releases

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    One of the best things to come out of the CD era was the release of multiple complete sessions related to Miles' electric period. Once you get deep into those, it's hard to go back an think of that period by the official LPs that were released.

Jap releases

better not let Channing see this.

please refer to them as JPN pressings or Japanese pressings or Japan presses. Jap is a racist and dirty word.

• i love this album. it was the first album i ever set my mind on hunting for. that said, from this period i prefer "live evil" and "live at philharmonic hall." now that i typed those, i'm thinking of all the other stuff from that period. there's so much great stuff!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    From the first BB i ever copped, this fell out of the cover, a 1970 swedish newspaper article bout Miles' new record

• also, his sunglasses game was off the hook during this period.

• One of the best things to come out of the CD era was the release of multiple complete sessions related to Miles' electric period. Once you get deep into those, it's hard to go back an think of that period by the official LPs that were released.

Exactly. Although the vinyl version of Agharta is waaay better than the cd version.

Columbia keeps putting out really superior mixes of his back catalog on cd. BB, Silent Way, Sketches of Spain, and Get Up With It come to mind. I'm sentimental about my vinyl copy of Get Up With It, but I always reach for the cd version of He Loved Him Madly

• Jap releases

better not let Channing see this.

please refer to them as JPN pressings or Japanese pressings or Japan presses. Jap is a racist and dirty word.

^^^^^ edited! sorry for the mistake folks!

but please stop using the term "Prize Czech"!

me as a native i call everybody a brainless s******d who says this...
    (how stupid can one be using the word czech instead of chech??)