You're Your You're Your You're Your

124»

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    spelt is not a word.

no its a grain

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I don't like it when people think it's correct to use I[/b] instead of ME[/b] all the time.

For example:

"Between Jenny, Crabberton and I there are enough gummy bears to go around."

Wrong. It's "Between Jenny, Crabberton and ME[/b]" batches!

It's an annoyingly common mistake I've observed coming from seemingly intelligent people.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I've caught the local newsreaders trying to sound smarter with the wrong personal pronoun...manifesto sent to station each time lol

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I've caught the local newsreaders trying to sound smarter with the wrong personal pronoun...manifesto sent to station each time lol

"Dear Sir or Madam,

YO MAYBE YOU SHOULD USE THE OBJECTIVE CASE AS THE OBJECT OF THAT PREPOSITION SON LOL PEACEIMOUT

Best regards,

Duke of Delridge"

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I don't like it when people think it's correct to use I[/b] instead of ME[/b] all the time.

For example:

It's an annoyingly common mistake I've observed coming from seemingly intelligent people.

wait... are you sure?

I know you are supposed to say "Jenny, Crabberton and I went to the store."

and that "Jenny, Crabberton, and me went to the store" is wrong.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

For example:

wait... are you sure?

yeah, i'm sure and your example is correct too. i'm saying it isn't ALWAYS supposed to be an I. in my example all you have to do is knock off the other names to know which one to use. Using your example for this, you'd know because "Me went to the store" is wrong

"Crabberton brought nunchucks for Jenny and I" is wrong

because "Crabberton brought nunchucks for I" is wrong

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

For example:

wait... are you sure?

yeah, i'm sure and your example is correct too. i'm saying it isn't ALWAYS supposed to be an I. in my example all you have to do is knock off the other names to know which one to use. Using your example for this, you'd know because "Me went to the store" is wrong

"Crabberton brought nunchucks for Jenny and I" is wrong

because "Crabberton brought nunchucks for I" is wrong

Ahhh, I get it. A me for an I, a tooth for a tooth.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    In this case we're talking about the object of a preposition. A prepositional phrase is preceded by a preposition such as "between" or "for" and takes the objective case for all nouns that are objects of that preposition.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    duh.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    well excuuuuuuuuse I!