psychedelic groups

TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
edited August 2005 in Music Talk
how many of psychedelic groups and artists do you actually think took mad drugs, all of them, 2/3? ive always wondered if some of these dudes who were singing these trippied out lyrics were actually trippin when they wrote them and shit, cuz some of the stuff i hear just sounds like dudes were singing freaky lyrics just to sound cool or sound like the beatles. im bored, something that just came to mind.

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    YOU need to take psychadelic drugs, listen to the records, and then ask this question again.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    not fuckin with psychedelic drugs, sorry

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    try nyquil then.

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Or just spin around really fast (it works dude)

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Or just hold your breath & spin around really fast (it works dude)

ps - move all tables & chairs out of the way first, unless you want to chance a bad trip

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Or stay awake for 96 hours and then spin around really really fast with a blindfold on.

You'll be penning some suped-up super psychedelic jibba jabba in no time.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    suped-up super psychedelic jibba jabba in no time.

JEAH!!!!

• Interest in psychedelic music by those that do not wish to engage in psychedelic exploration is as they say, mad suspect...

...and yes, they took "mad drugs"...

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    not fuckin with psychedelic drugs, sorry

Dude don't be a pussy.

I couldn't handle that shit now, but when I was 16 and without serious responsibility it was a great time.

However. There are negatives to psych drugs. Especially if you have emotional issues or other personal problems. They can really magnify those problems and fuck you up.

I used lots of psychadelics with this kid, he was a good friend that I grew up with. Good athlete and student. I was there when he lost it forever and now look at him. Straight up ran into the woods screaming. That was the straw that broke his back. He's been fucked in the head since that camping incident in 1994.

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2005/07/02/news/02ablan.txt

We used to listen the shit out of "Piper At the Gates of Dawn".

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    ...and yes, they took "mad drugs"...

maybe would be better off trying some happy drugs.

may I suggest...

• ...and yes, they took "mad drugs"...

maybe would be better off trying some happy drugs.

may I suggest...

Potpourri???? What is that Crink, shrooms??

• Yo when his mom finds this thread yalls gonna be in a lot of trouble!

• not fuckin with psychedelic drugs, sorry

However. There are negatives to psych drugs. Especially if you have emotional issues or other personal problems.

yeah mack, steer clear. lol
    pink argile is crazy enough

• Yo when his mom finds this thread yalls gonna be in a lot of trouble!

He can say he's holding it for a friend...

...ayyyyyoooooooo!!!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    pink argile is crazy enough[/b]

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    How about crazy psych groups that claimed they never did drugs?

• How about crazy psych groups that claimed they never did drugs?

Crazy yes...psyche no...

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

Crazy yes...psyche no...

Although they may not be psych groups per se they definitely had some psyche tunes ie. "Journey to the Center of Your Mind."

• How about crazy psych groups that claimed they never did drugs?

Crazy yes...psyche no...

Although they may not be psych groups per se they definitely had some psyche tunes ie. "Journey to the Center of Your Mind."

While Zappa & the Mothers were "far out" (I still love the first album) I would classify 'Journey To The Center of the Mind' with other faux-psyche curiosities as 'Just Stopped In To See What Cindition My Condition Was In'and 'Incense & Peppermints'. Not the worst thing Ted Nugent should be ashamed of (by far) but up there all the same.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

Crazy yes...psyche no...

"return of the son of monster magnet"??????????????? aka side 4 of "freak out"...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Zappa was far too square to have ever done drugs, I've never doubted that claim... same with Nugent

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Interest in psychedelic music by those that do not wish to engage in psychedelic exploration is as they say, mad suspect...

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Interest in psychedelic music by those that do not wish to engage in psychedelic exploration is as they say, mad suspect...

Now I can't wait for Mack's inevidable "LSD appreciation" thread coming up soon

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

does this mean his spiritual jazz phase is over?

• Interest in psychedelic music by those that do not wish to engage in psychedelic exploration is as they say, mad suspect...

Someone Photoshop an argyle blotter...

• aHA

i am so starting a psych band called Argylator.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

However. There are negatives to psych drugs. Especially if you have emotional issues or other personal problems. They can really magnify those problems and fuck you up.

----