What kinda stuff do you for your moms on Moms day?

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
I need help and am completely drawing a blank this year.

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Write her a thank you letter. Talk about who you are and how she helped you become the person you are today. Thank her for raising you and loving you.

When you were born you were more or less a blank slate, just a wiggling little baby, and they thoughts and ideas and stories she read, hugs she gave you, the scoldings, the bandaids, the food she made for you all played a huge part in who you are now. Think back to some fond memories that you have from when you were a child, like trips you took, or just going to the part, or a birthday, and write them down and let her know that you do remember all of that, and tell her that you are grateful for those memories.

I'm pretty sure that would mean more to her than an iPad.

Or just get her an iPad.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I go to my mom's house early on mother's day and start cooking. I always make her favorite breakfast, Eggs Benedict with fresh made hollandaise sauce. Then pop a bottle of good champagne, make fresh squeezed orange juice and drink mimosas! Taking your mother out to eat on Mother's day is not a good look. All the restaurants are WAY too crowded thus the food and service suffers. Cooking for your mom is the best!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Thanks for making me cry, G*ry.

Jerk.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    A nice lunch & a movie. Just you & her and give her some flowers when you pick her up. All joking aside, just treat it like a date. The thought and time spent will mean more than any gift. Just don't try to get lucky, sicko!