Disco Acetate - Who? stamped "Magic Mix"?

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
I've got an acetate that I never really thought twice about but recently pulled out and wondered who actually did it... it's Booker T & The MGs "Melting Pot"... all the label says is "Magic Mix". It was pressed on Angel Sound.

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    DAMN, that's interesting! Where & when did you get it? Seems like a great find.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Johnny - peep PMs

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    WMSH - got it.

Breeze - Found it 10 or more years ago at a NY flea... didn't give it a second thought until now (I had stashed it inside my copy of the Booker T LP of the same name).

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    photo plaese?

i can check the discopatrick book and see if it's in there anywhere

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I've got an acetate that I never really thought twice about but recently pulled out and wondered who actually did it... it's Booker T & The MGs "Melting Pot"... all the label says is "Magic Mix". It was pressed on Angel Sound.

Did you know that many, many of these were never actually released?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    WMSH - got it.

Breeze - Found it 10 or more years ago at a NY flea... didn't give it a second thought until now (I had stashed it inside my copy of the Booker T LP of the same name).

That's ill. Plus, you got a good "found it & forgot it" story to go with it. Seems to be a nice little treasure. Good find bro!