Illmatic vs 36 Chambers

124»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I might be alone on this but, as much as I liked Ironman, I prefer Supreme Clientele much MUCH more.

I think that's the general consensus

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Nas I Am > Ironman

pls be serious

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

VS.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

VS.

SEE, it's crap like this that ruined the Wu. IMO.
    That's why Cappadonna was living here in B-More driving a damn cab.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

VS.

has ANYONE on the board heard either of these albums???

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

VS.

I'm pretty sure if you heard any of their other albums you've heard these already. They can't be that much better, or you wouldn't be asking this.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I believe the one rootlesscosmo once mentioned that this album held top ten status for him:

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    I believe the one rootlesscosmo once mentioned that this album held top ten status for him:

someone needs to bump that 00's rap thread.

wu wins this y'all.

and return is not a better album than iron man. single fi single? yeah.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

Damn, maybe I should start driving a cab!! That's the look of, "Damn, yall know I gotta give RZA this money back, right?".

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Damn, maybe I should start driving a cab!! That's the look of, "Damn, yall know I gotta give RZA this money back, right?".
    "i'm double parked, let's shoot this ish!"

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

"i'm double parked, let's shoot this ish!"

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

VS.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I ride hard for the 1st ODB album. Part of that is personal just as far as a time in my life, one that involved a lot of drugs and foolishness... but I also maintain that if that record came out today it would still blow people's minds. Dude was way gone.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I ride hard for the 1st ODB album. Part of that is personal just as far as a time in my life, one that involved a lot of drugs and foolishness... but I also maintain that if that record came out today it would still blow people's minds. Dude was way gone.

Return is some 'genius' shit IMO.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah man. I cannot at all agree that it sucks... a fully realized vision of insanity. Filed next to Syd Barrett "Madcap Laughs" and shit

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the Dirty Version DOES NOT SUCK
    holy shit. the opinions on this board..

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    the Dirty Version DOES NOT SUCK
    holy shit. the opinions on this board..

I have that album memorized.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Yeah man. I cannot at all agree that it sucks... a fully realized vision of insanity. Filed next to Syd Barrett "Madcap Laughs" and shit

I'm glad I got some support on this one. I thought I was fighting a losing battle.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I ride for Return... - it's up and down and all over the place and, while it's got some great tracks, I can't claim that I love every single moment of it. However it's still like a WAKE UP slap in the face when I listen to it and I can't say that about many albums new or old.

On a personal note I also love the idea that ODB had waited years to make a solo album and then released something so unhinged.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts

On a personal note I also love the idea that ODB had waited years to make a solo album and then released something so unhinged.

It was released in '95. He was the second solo release. Right after Tical and right before Cuban Linx.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah I realise that. I was thinking more about lifelong ambitions than just the Wu discography.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I feel you. Dude was like 26, 27 yrs old when he did that album. That's a life time of craziness!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Thes and I once had a long discussion about Return To the 36th Chamber and its greatness at a seafood restaurant.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    This brunch spot I went to last week was playing Liquid Swords, straight through.