Steve Parks Movin' in the right direction repress?

ArksArks 133 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
I heard there is a later pressing of this LP? Anyone on here experienced in how to tell it apart from the 1st press?Thanks in advance

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    I have heard there is 2 presses of this but not sure what labels,is one on Reynolds and one on Solid Smoke?
    I have the Solid Smoke release, but I cant remember if that is the earlier or not sorry

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I got caught out with a repress in Japan, thankfully the universounds guys warned me before I copped. Can be hard to tell. From memory the colour of the "grey" is darker on the reissue, and on the OG it's light... at least that's what I gathered from their explanation to me... whattup N***.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    OK here's the pic
    Please speak on it a bit more. What grey are we looking at? The rock supporting the Parks arse?

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    OK here's the pic
    Please speak on it a bit more. What grey are we looking at? The rock supporting the Parks arse?

Haha

I actually have no idea what Sheep is talking about either

If possible could you post a picture of the label. Thanks very much. ps those tiles are a nice grey also.

Whatup dL and Sheep - I should have called you both before posting this i guess.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    The etching is what tells it apart iirc. It was done by the label, and is pretty identical. As long as you're not paying full price ($80-100) it's a fine way to own the album.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    That song is so awesome. One of my all time favorites.

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    anyone have any idea what the etching should read? im looking at paying full price, so would like to be sure. definitely an awesome song.

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    ps thankyou all so much for your help so far. really appreciate it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    There are copies of the 2nd floating around for $40-50 fyi.

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    yeah i know. just have had a guy i buy from on the regular turn up a supposed og, hes a good dude, if it were to come to light it wasnt an og im pretty sure he'd lower the price to match. copy he has is NM so I thought it was worth following up on. cheers.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Hey Arks you have any tracks that you did in 2001 lying around ?. I'd be interested in hearing them

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    do you have the thing i did with idem?

I heard the last beat cd idem did.
    Im from Sydney and a lot of melburn stuff didn't really make it up

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    yeah i know u in sydney.. will send u some files at some point!

thanks much appreciated

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Oi you two, get a room

b/w

"come up and see my dark grey etchings"

c/w

I found out that on the 2nd press Parks is sporting a flat top and Wayfarers

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    OK here's the pic

This looks like it was taken during Jazzy Jeff's summer vacation.

b/w

I still need a copy (will take either/or - plaese hollaire)

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    OK here's the pic

b/w

I still need a copy (will take either/or - plaese hollaire)

Groove Merchant had this in stock over the weekend. Holler at Chris!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    OK here's the pic

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Oi you two, get a room

I found out that on the 2nd press Parks is sporting a flat top and Wayfarers

• That song is so awesome. One of my all time favorites.

epitome of feel good.

• Any further info on this matter?
    I will check what mine looks like tonight... I've never suspected that it was a repress, but now I'm curious!