JESSE (breaking bad related)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
BIGUPS TO MY MAN JESSEDOING IT REAL BIG RIGHT NOWACCEPT UR ROLE AS THE "BAD MAN"

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    so doing it real big means (((spoilers))) having pollos pull back half your cut and letting Hank get a witness and video of your rolling lab?

I'll admit Walter did look impressed by Jesse's alternate mercury/oxide solution to combat moisture

• jess is just a pawn in the game and as pollos said essentially untrustworthy and unpredictable when it comes to business (which jesse proved by allowing himself to be traced- he thought he could charm his way through the situation yet that hubris will lead hank right to him).

smart play by the chicken man to lure walt back into the life.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    jesse lives
    he can cook
    and deal
    no holds barred
    doin it real big in season 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i am a late comer (halfway through season 2) but this show is amazing to me. i could never stand that actor before, especially in malcolm in the middle and as the pervy dentist on seinfeld but i was weirded out when i caught him in this role. he turned out to be a surprisingly good dramatic actor. even though it's easy to feel for him with the crappy hand he is dealt, most of the sympathy is felt through the quiet desperation and stoic mannerisms. and it is awesome

edit: sorry i know this thread is about jesse but i think walter rules

walter is dope, I definitely felt for him and his fams
    but now I feel Jesse has more to fight for post rehab and post Jane

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    i just like how walter has gone from the wet caterpillar to the evil cartman beard.

walter is dope, I definitely felt for him and his fams
    but now I feel Jesse has more to fight for post rehab and post Jane

I meant, dude has nothing to lose
    sayin

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

sayin

Get off his tip, yo!!

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    living vicariously through tv shows related

sayin

Get off his tip, yo!!

OK HEISENBERG

• CHICKEN DUDE RULES

Walter is an asshole IMO.

he basically killed Jane, who was awesome.

he treats everybody like shit, especially Jesse.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

It seems like this season everybody's inner asshole is showing a whole lot (more).

Crazy how Jane's dad shot himself.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts

I'm not really feeling his wife's attitude toward the whole thing, though. Like he started the meth thing to have a little dough for himself?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

One of the great things about Breaking Bad is that pretty much all of the main characters are profoundly unlikeable in some way. Walter's big flaw is that he's prideful. I think we still don't know exactly what led to the falling out with his former partner, but it's clear that in some way Walter's ego played a roll in him turning his back on him.

Walter loves being Heisenberg, and Gus is going to exploit Walter's pride in the Heisenberg? brand to get him cooking again.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    One of the great things about Breaking Bad is that pretty much all of the main characters are profoundly unlikeable in some way.
    Yep. I think the only remotely likable character is Saul and that's just because he's a total asshole and doesn't try to hide it.

Walter loves being Heisenberg, and Gus is going to exploit Walter's pride in the Heisenberg? brand to get him cooking again.

bingo.

to keep it on-topic, will Jesse throw in with Walter/will Walter have him, or will he try to compete?

I say the latter.

the only remotely likable character is Saul

I just love how essentially there is a MR. SHOW sketch in the middle of every Breaking Bad now.

to keep it on-topic, will Jesse throw in with Walter/will Walter have him, or will he try to compete?

I say the latter.

Jesse is very dangerous right now. He's embraced the dark side and he's smart enough to learn the chemistry from Walter but he's still sloppy and reckless. If Gus bought his Meth, I don't think he would have cared if Walter worked with him or not. I don't think things are going to be that simple for Jesse, though and I think we'll see him and Walter in conflict for the next few episodes.

• but the only reason gus bought the meth off jesse was as a means of luring walter back.

YO YO YO

I need to get this as my voicemail lol

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Sloppy.

Sloppy.

The chemistry must be respected.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Sloppy.

The chemistry must be respected.

The kid is fragile. He'll be tweeking again less than two episodes. I haven't seen last night's (downloading right now), but the previous week was mostly a bridge to--what I'm guessing--is gonna be some big some big time shit. Or maybe it was just about bringing back Heisenberg?

Hank!!!

and this dude:

I picked up a possible interesting foreshadowing when Sky was talking to Ted and he was trying to find out what drove her away from Walt. Then she said something like trust me, you could never do anything that bad. I bet dude is into hella more than cooking books and blapping wives.

They've set very high standards this season and just took us over a bridge. Better not fuck up.

I'm counting on you, Vince!

Richmond, VA!!!

I put more detailed thoughts into the Waxidermy Breaking Bad thread. (don't click until you've seen last night's episode, spoilerz!)

As far as the overall arc of the season so far, they've done a great job of slowly ramping up the momentum. Your man Vince Gilligan and his posse are masterful storytellers, there's not a wasted moment in the whole series. As Vince says, they use every part of the Buffalo. BTW, the Breaking Bad Insider podcast is well worth listening to.