Zurich / Swiss strutters

GoblahGoblah 35 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
I'm going to be in Zurich for a week starting Thursday. Looks like there's a load of music stores in the city, so I'm looking for some specific recommendations. My accommodation will be close to Universitaet Zuerich and Eidgenoessische Technische Hochschule Zuerich - so spots close by would be ideal.At the moment, I'm looking for golden age-era hip hop, broken beat comps, dubstep, 60s and 70s soul. Stores with that kinda stock obviously would be ideal. Rarities and vinyl not major issues for me.If anyone has tips, please to holla at a player.G'

Comments

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    At the moment, I'm looking for golden age-era hip hop, broken beat comps, dubstep, 60s and 70s soul.

I can?t help regarding spots in Z?rich, but
    that?s a brilliant mix if you need advice from the strut!

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
    start your tour at Hum Records (cool people and good store for hip hop, downbeat etc.):

http://www.humrecords.ch/stores.php

Tapioka Records (soul, jazz, latin, funk) is in the same store in the basement..

Spooky Records (soul, jazz, psych, prog etc.) and 6pack (hip hop) are just a stones throw from there.

If you're looking for authentic italian sandwiches (piadines, paninis..) there is a great spot called "La Penisola" on the same street as Hum/ Tapioka

There are more record stores very close to that area (16 Tons, ZeroZero, Crazy Beat)

best ask the guys at Hum Records for directions or shoot me a PM for details..

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    go check out DJ Nail over at Sixpack Rrecords, and Mono in Neiderdorf. those were the two Zurich spots i liked best. Ii actually came up on a few nice pieces when i was there.

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
    Mono was a cool place but they closed down like two years ago..

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    mono and hum are now in the same shop

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    if you are going to have a night out, be sure to visit the zukunft club. One of my favourite clubs in the world.

Edit: oh and in basel i found some great records at aquarius or something like that... cool store and worth the trip if you know what to look for. swiss jazz quintet and else bianchi fe.. shhhhhh