Boston, what's happening?

unityunity 179 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Soulstrut, ever faithful, I'm in Boston for the weekend and am wondering what events are happening. Also, I'll have some time to look for some records, any prime spots within biking distance of central square? Thanks!

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    For records, walk 3 blocks in any direction of where you are at. You will most likely run into a record spot. Wish I knew of some events. Maybe Soullelujah on Saturday night at Zuzu's. Located, also, conveniently near central square on Mass Ave.. DJ Axefoley mgith be up to somethign as well.

Where you at Axe?

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    You rang?!? Hit up cheapo's ask for rob or wayne, they got in some disco 12s last week if thats ur thing. Stereo jacks is close to central too. I just left there a few min ago, sorry to say I got all the good records:) haha nah they just got a small collection of decent stuff so check em out. ( I see u funke). There was a thread a few months back about spots here, maybe gone now though ? I dj tonight and tomorrow in harvard sq -Grafton st pub, 1230 mass ave. It's a harvard bah but I can get away with playing decent music IMO. It's pretty chill for what it is. Def say hello if u make it in, my names Keith. What up dan?!? Long time homie! Holla!

• unityunity 179 Posts
    Hey, werd I'll try to check out those disco 12". Thanks for the lead! Great times dudes.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Yeah, Soullelujah is good stuff on Saturday nights. In the Central area, I'd also recommend Picante for good Mexican food, the 1369 Coffee House for coffee, and for a nice rooftop bar, Daedalus near Harvard Square is good. Might be a bit cool today though.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    In the Central area, I'd also recommend Picante for good Mexican food
    ha! i haven't eaten at that spot in a while since i left boston but i used to love their papas burrito. sits like a rock in your stomach but its still super tasty. and their salsa bar is mad decent. but for boston burritos i used to ride super hard for el pelon. they had the el guapo burrito that was the f*cking nuts!

• unityunity 179 Posts
    How northern is this soul party? Can I bring my talcum powder? Do they have teh raer?