reflective and deep ICP song

13»

Comments

• For those unfamiliar, I think the article is a look into the subculture that is the Juggalo's, spurred on by this song.
    And, I think the 2nd page of the article is good, and builds on what Gary was saying- they are sincere, and square. They dig magic, stilts, and each other with out irony.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    My son, Christopher Colt Kelley, was murdered on December 21, 2001. He was 15 years old and he was a real Juggalo. He used to try and get me to play ICP cd's all the time whenever we were riding in the car together and I wouldn't listen to them. When he was murdered I took the time to sit and listen to what he was in to. I haven't stopped listening to ICP yet. I met Violent J once before Shangri-La came out and I told him all about my son. He held my hand and told me in these words that I will never forget, "You should not be sad that he is gone, you should always look at it like this, whenever it rains, that's him Raining Diamonds down on you." Then Shangri-La dropped and I heard It Rains Diamonds...and I could not stop crying. Now I am a 37 year old Juggalette and I'll be that way 'til I'm dead in the ground. My son was buried with an ICP shirt on and a Hatchetman round his neck. And I plan on going the same way. Everyone has their own thoughts about ICP and the Dark Carnival...but if you're not a true Juggalo....you'll never get it. MCL and R.I.P. Colt....we miss you.

having only been on soulstrut for about a year, I was starting to feel like a real jerk until I read "Now I am a 37 year old Juggalette" and realized these were NOT Gary's words...phew!

I am absolutely unafraid of Juggalos, for the record. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I think I can see a something in their eyes, a glimmer of tongue-in-cheekness; these dudes are just some of the luckiest dudes on earth. Started out with a cornball gimmick, milked it, and the golden cow shat out a diamond turd from the miracle sky. Or whatever. Because I refuse to believe they're serious, I am completely unafraid of them. No more so than I am of any other jeans shorts wearing XXXXXL teeshirt purple-braided chubby whytes, that is...

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    "You should not be sad that he is gone, you should always look at it like this, whenever it rains, that's him Raining Diamonds down on you." Then Shangri-La dropped and I heard It Rains Diamonds...and I could not stop crying.

See! Everything DOES happen for a reason!

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    anyone remember the older icp thread, it had a awesome link to a radio show where they were dissin the shit outta shangri la. damn i would like to hear that again!

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    anyone remember the older icp thread, it had a awesome link to a radio show where they were dissin the shit outta shangri la. damn i would like to hear that again!

Yes! It's from the Best Show on WFMU, Paul F. Tompkins & Tom Scharpling discussing the Gathering of the Juggalos.

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/280367/bestshow-tom_and_paul_ponder_juggalos.mp3

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    thank you very much!

got a few friends that will LOVE this!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    wow that shot...done in the style of those lil prosyletizing religious pamphlets

i meant "thats hot"

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Post deleted by white_tea

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    chick tracts.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

hahahahaha

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    They killed it.

What's with Islands? Get more land. What's with desserts? Get more sand.

yo the jamaican spot a block from my house sells faygo
    whatthe fuck

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    What cracks me up about the FBI thing is knowing that there will be (if not already) a federal agent(s) that gets assigned to go undercover as a psychopathic hip-hop clown. That would make a great movie.

• When I saw this thread title I was all like "wow, Soul Strutters are into the Instant Composer's Pool?"

But then I was like "oh, shoulda known this was all about those clowns."