nightmare on elm street remake

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
looks goodfreddys new look is alright by mealthough his voice is kinda wacklooking forward to it

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    That actually looked pretty good. Except for Freddy. Where the F is Robert Englund though? They couldn't get him again? If they can get Harrison Ford being a 60 year old Indiana Jones then sure as F they coulda got Robert Englund back as Freddy.

No Robert Englund is a Nightmare on My Street...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    That actually looked pretty good. Except for Freddy. Where the F is Robert Englund though? They couldn't get him again? If they can get Harrison Ford being a 60 year old Indiana Jones then sure as F they coulda got Robert Englund back as Freddy.

It's funny I just gave my kids a copy of He's The DJ I'm The Rapper for that N.O.E.S. song, and aside from Jeff it does not hold up whatsofuckingever. That whole skip-to-my-lou style sounds dated as hell.

Anyway, I'm ready for Freddy.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    It's funny I just gave my kids a copy of He's The DJ I'm The Rapper for that N.O.E.S. song, and aside from Jeff it does not hold up whatsofuckingever. That whole skip-to-my-lou style sounds dated as hell.

That's one of my all time favorite albums. The DJ work is great... excellent compliment to most of the songs. I also like Will Smith's songs that exhibit his word skillz... but yeah, the tracks that are clearly more pop oriented suck ass (i.e. Parents Just Don't Understand, etc.) As far as sounding contemporary... well, of course not. Anything with a synth cowbell is going to sound dated.

Fat Boys... that's another one that seemed to make total sense in 1989 that looking back seems odd. I can remember when the whole "huhuhuhuhuh" thing was a well recognized attribute of rap music. Glad that bit the dust.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I feel you, that record and Rockit are the reason I'm a DJ, but that sound just didn't hold up. The closest its come back is this (and that's not saying much)

Let's not even get into Will Smith's raps. There's a reason I liked it when I was 12. I can't front, it meant a lot to my development BITD, but go put it in your whip for a day or two and get back to me. You'll see what I mean.

As long as my kids pick up on "Live At Union Square" I'm good!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Started watching the trailer and it all looked really familiar (nice sepia filters on the lens, teens played by actors who look 25) then "Produced by Michael Bay" popped up and it all clicked.

I'd like this to be good but if it's from the Bay line then I expect it to be just another variation on the toss that are the remakes of TCM, Friday 13th etc.

If it has inventive deaths I'll still watch it though. After all I sat through Freddy's Dead and New Nightmare.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Horrible

And they've made the A-Team into a movie too

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    michael bay=

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm torn. It looks like it could be good, but most of these horror remakes have been pretty terrible.

The first NOEM is such a classic, and it still holds up to me, so I don't really see the point in remaking it. The only really cringeworthy moments involve Heather Langenkamp's acting.

And I already don't like Freddy's new face, or his voice... Does it really matter that Robert Englund is old? He's covered in makeup anyways! He still held it down in Freddy Vs. Jason. Robert Englund IS Freddy.

I'll wait to see what the consensus is when it comes out though. If people are saying it is decent then maybe I will go check it out.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Rob Zombie's Halloween II. The only funny part was when Weird Al says "Are you guys talking about that Austin Powers guy?" which was hilarious, but the rest was a dismal dreadful mess.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    NOEM

Nightmare on Elm Meat?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Nightmare on Everybody's Mom

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Have to say you're all tripping a little.

Jack Earle Haley is THAT DUDE. Understood if it was some unknown -- but dude is so ill. An oscar nominated dude playing Freddy I think is at least worth checking out.

• this could be good. it could be great. but it comes too late in the remake decade for me to care about it.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Rob Zombie's Halloween II. The only funny part was when Weird Al says "Are you guys talking about that Austin Powers guy?" which was hilarious, but the rest was a dismal dreadful mess.

damn, i totally missed haloween II...i liked robz's first one a lot. michael as a kid and in the asylum were dope. all the masks and shit.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Well, we'll see what happens after April 30th.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Jack Earle Haley is THAT DUDE. Understood if it was some unknown -- but dude is so ill. An oscar nominated dude playing Freddy I think is at least worth checking out.

If it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't want to see it. Now that I know Michael Bay is doing it, it kinda cancels that out.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I watched the friday 13th remake and it was pretty bad.
    Didn't really add anything to the original at all. I fail to understand what Michael Bay's version is going to add to the original Nightmare series which to me was so iconic as a kid growing up.

• Immediate thing that struck me was how much the graininess and grit of the picture quality produced by 80's film technology lends itself to horror compared with today. It all looks far too 'clean' to me.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Horrible

Damn that A-Team BS has that hit theatres?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Horrible

Damn that A-Team BS has that hit theatres?

Not yet but...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Who the F*ck edited this trailer? The "fade to black/quick edit" gets the

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Saw it, enjoyed it for what it was. If you are a fan, you will probably enjoy it too.

Didn't care for freddy's new look, voice, or personality... but I could live with it, I suppose. I thought it was good enough for a "re-imagining".

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    NOEM

Nightmare on Elm Meat?

Not One Erect Member.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    I thought it was wack, I saw it as the first part of a double feature at a country ass drive in. The 2nd feature was Hot tub time machine which I enjoyed at lot more. I chalk it up to my age.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Where the F is Robert Englund though? They couldn't get him again?

I started watching a recent episode of Bones and he was the guest star and there were non stop references to NOES, so I thought it was some sort of tie-in to the movie. But maybe it was a diss? Either way, it's not possible to watch an entire Bones episode.