Song ID (Soprano's?Rod Stewart Related)

djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
I've been trying to figure out the Rod Stewart song in the Sopranos when Tony B shoots Joey Peeps as he gets in his car with some whoo-aaah. He sings something about "Mother, what do you think of me now," or something like that. The beat breaks down right when Tony B taps on the window of the car. Its this scene (though through some cosmic irony, there's no sound - damn it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMgmsL_xFX8Anyone? Any idears?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Sounds like you're talking about "Bad N Ruin" off the Long Player LP. That's my shit, and the break is nasty too.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    Sounds like you're talking about "Bad N Ruin" off the Long Player LP. That's my shit, and the break is nasty too.

that's him! thank you, good sir. i gotta hear that whole song, but the break is indeed nasty!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You got mail, bro...

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i wondered about this song as well. sopranos had a lot of great music on it.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i wondered about this song as well. sopranos had a lot of great music on it.

that's another one!

there is an episode where there is a card game scene that has a real funky soul song playing in the background. been trying to figure out that one too, but they don't put those songs in the end credits!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's John Cooper Clarke "Chickentown"

And yeah, the Sopranos dudes set a high f*cking bar for music.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    after that ep, i looked on the website to find out the song. it's called evidentially chicken town by john cooper clarke.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The best, IMO, is this use of Tindersticks to end Blue Comet. BONKERS

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    that schitt was classic. just conveyed the mood of the ep so perfectly.

my alltime fav:

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Also their Every Breath You Take/Peter Gunn blend from season 3.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts