SOUL STRUT 10: Coming June 1st

Comments

• i agree with AK. i wil always share spots with fellow strutters but perhaps this city guide should be something of a privilege to access. perhaps it could be one of the perks of paid membership...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    sounds kool raj, all the way. but riddle me this: i'm not blowing up spots so that lurkers can pillage. is this babylon system googly map spot index going to be a locked forum er whut?
    cranky strut.

It was my intention to have it open to everybody.

This is NOT just a google map of secret squirrel record dives... it's grubs spots, bars, flea markets, thrift stores, music equipment stores, etc. Basically, if you are going to Cincinnati and are looking for some places to hit... refer to the city guide. It's recommendations for strutters by strutters.

I'm totally blowing up my spots, cause I don't really care any more. I don't have the level of lurker paranoia I had in my early days. I encouraged people to do the same... maybe give up one or two... or stay mum and watch another person blow up your spot.

sounds kool raj, all the way. but riddle me this: i'm not blowing up spots so that lurkers can pillage. is this babylon system googly map spot index going to be a locked forum er whut?
    cranky strut.
    agree. there is a certain anonymity that keeps me coming here and away from fb twitter ect.

Tom....I mean Dr. Delay. You can still be anonymous on the new strut. Don't add your first or last anme or upload a profile picture. But if you choose to be who you are, you can.

• Options
    Wow, sounds great Raj! Good luck.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    i agree with AK. i wil always share spots with fellow strutters but perhaps this city guide should be something of a privilege to access. perhaps it could be one of the perks of paid membership...

I don't think this is too bad of an idea...

I would gladly pay a 1-time $20 membership for full access to maps splattered with "no, no records here" placemarks.

i'm assuming there would be some helpful placemarks as well.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    cranky strut.
    agree. there is a certain anonymity that keeps me coming here and away from fb twitter ect.

Tom....I mean Dr. Delay. You can still be anonymous on the new strut. Don't add your first or last anme or upload a profile picture. But if you choose to be who you are, you can.

Hi Tom!

i agree with AK. i wil always share spots with fellow strutters but perhaps this city guide should be something of a privilege to access. perhaps it could be one of the perks of paid membership...

I don't think this is too bad of an idea...

I would gladly pay a 1-time $20 membership for full access to maps splattered with "no, no records here" placemarks.

i'm assuming there would be some helpful placemarks as well.

I'm all for revenue ideas these days, but first we need people to contribute or it won't be shit. Maybe after a year when it gets uber popular... shut the door on timmydigalot and charge him $$$.

• i'm just finna find out where to eat after midnight!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    As long as I can still have "FAT GEORGE CLOONEY" status.

*Edit - It looks as though I don't have that status anymore. Wha-happannnn...?

As long as I can still have "FAT GEORGE CLOONEY" status.

*Edit - It looks as though I don't have that status anymore. Wha-happannnn...?

Board crash.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    WE CAN REBUILD IT. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY.

• shut the door on timmydigalot and charge him $$$.

man i been here longer than most these motherfuckers. you know that ain't right

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I'm hoping a new board will usher in a new era of tomfollery and shenanigans

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    By the way, Strut is now sponsoring ads from The Gravity Defyer Shoe.

You know, SPERM SHOES.

Check it out here: http://gravitydefyer.com/

These are my favorite:

http://gravitydefyer.com/Buy/XLR8-Pro-Walkers/New-XLR8-White-Black

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    and shenanigans

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Sounds cool man.. Let me know if I can be of any help.

- spidey

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Extremely looking forward to seeing this new site happen.

Also interested in the contributing member part of the site - definitely up for crossing over stuff from the blog/creating new content.

Thanks again Raj for putting the time in to do this.

• it may be too late in the game, but just as another suggestion that may have been overlooked...... or maybe just handled with a sticky thread.

"trade strut".
    list what you do outside of your "internet persona" so that people with day to day questions about things outside of their reach can contact the right person. i'm a plumber with electrician experience and experience with woodworking and basement finishing. except i'm usually so busy with my customers i wont contribute until asked.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'd be SHOCKED if anybody had a question related to what I do at work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_16
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_11

• lazolalazola 23 Posts
    the city guide sounds uber useful

I forgot to mention that this will have google maps with color coded mark points for each category. So you can plan a road trip on the fly and sort by region.

This is the word! I'm plannin some diggin/vacationing 'round the southwest this summer, should be perfect for the road trippin. Excited about all the SS throwdowns, God Speed RAJ!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    God Speed RAJ!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I'm totally blowing up my spots, cause I don't really care any more.

• Options
    Raj, you talked about blogs and people moving them here. What about podcasts? I know a number of Strutters have 'em.

And just echoing others here, thanks for the work you've put in--can't wait till June!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

And just echoing others here, thanks for the work you've put in--can't wait till June!

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

Currently the City Guide is US and Canada only but we will expand.

I really hope this will expand soon.

Everything else sounds great!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Will "Reg Date" be transferred? That, plus post count, actually helps me to put a lot of people on here into context.

Will "Reg Date" be transferred? That, plus post count, actually helps me to put a lot of people on here into context.

yes.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    looking forward to seeing this roll out.

Not sure what your thoughts are about interfacing with other web applications like google reader for the blog side of things and soundcloud for the mix side of things?

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    thanks for doing this Raj, its all sounds like an essential upgrade. minting up!

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Looking forward to the re-vamp of the site. I have a mix I want to contribute. Can I pester you one last time please?!?!!?