Cool/unorthodox studio & DJ furniture??

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
I'm trying to re-jigger the lab here at home, and I'm in a tight room where floorspace is at a premium. I'm looking for interesting racks and desks (or desks with racks in them) that can accommodate studio gear and records. Footprint has to be small, currently I'm using a 2x4 Ikea Expedit laid on its side, and a 14-space rolling rackmount. Kind of like this:Maybe there's something that could do both duties in one? Looking for ideas, eyecandy, etc so plaese to poast sites you know of that have these wonderful toysDankeSklute

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I predict Thes One road trip!

No, seriously though, you think about trying to design something from the ground up?

• I'm interested in people throwing up some inspiration also...........

I'm thinking of using Kee Klamp outside of it's normal application, it's strong and on some completely transformable mechano-set steez.

Terribly un-inspiring photos, but you get the idea.

As an aside, I'm in the process of making some of these at the moment, so simple, and they look pretty fly in the right setting. Made from old plywood chairs.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

Levels...

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    I have a pretty fresh bed that my pops made for me...I'll have to take a picture of it...very record friendly imo

• a very good site to use as inspiration:
    http://dornob.com