Dollarbin? I don't think so.

Comments

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    harr - those comps are on the bay all the time, albeit for a mere 8 quid - they're actually not too bad if you're into the funky reggae (The Tamlins - Skin Tight & Zap Pow's - Soul revival are the pick of the bunch on vol 2 there)

I have vol's 2 & 3 - never seen #1, KL probably has all the originals

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Got Vol 1 somewhere around here. This has got to be a distributor dumping this stuff. No one has 300 copies of this thing, right?

• that's shureshot, the cat that put it together
    dropping what he has left.

• and not to hate on his auctions but he must have forgot to mentin that that country 45 was pressed in "a hundred thousand" not "a hundred"
    but i cant knock the game

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    and not to hate on his auctions but he must have forgot to mentin that that country 45 was pressed in "a hundred thousand" not "a hundred"
    but i cant knock the game

nope, only 98 turned up

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    anyone want to go in on this? I could really use 167 copies of that comp.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    anyone want to go in on this? I could really use 167 copies of that comp.

no way, i want all 300
    then i'll control the whole supply
    + become a

• Got Vol 1 somewhere around here. This has got to be a distributor dumping this stuff. No one has 300 copies of this thing, right?

can you put a scan of vol 1,i've been trying to get a copy of that,and never seen it !

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Don't have a scanner. I'd have to dig through my packed boxes and take a pic. See if I got time later today.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I got a copy of that for free with some auction that I won with him and I was just listening to it yesterday, I also realized that I left a Zap Pow record somewhere in Philly and I need to go back to see if its the one that ws on this comp... there are some nice breaks on that thing.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    That comp looks good,too bad i wont be able to get my hands on it.I know you dudes might be saying what is he talking about he's in the "Land of Reggae" he shouldn't have a problem finding those records,think again.The only record i've owned off that comp is the Mark Holder album,which is no longer in my possession.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I got a copy of that for free with some auction that I won with him and I was just listening to it yesterday, I also realized that I left a Zap Pow record somewhere in Philly and I need to go back to see if its the one that ws on this comp... there are some nice breaks on that thing.

This is the album, if you remember the cover - and yes, the whole thing is good, all the Zap Pow records I've found are...even the one with the painful title "Reggae Rules," that is on (I think) Rhino of all labels...that one is a comp of early material and definitely worth picking up.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Yo I don't know why but I wanna say that Mr. Supreme had something to do with these comps. I could be wrong though. I know he did the status breaks series. Those are nice!

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

This is the album, if you remember the cover - and yes, the whole thing is good, all the Zap Pow records I've found are...even the one with the painful title "Reggae Rules," that is on (I think) Rhino of all labels...that one is a comp of early material and definitely worth picking up.

Thanks for the picks... I guess I dont need to go back as that is not the one I saw... but maybe the one that is there is good...

Thanks again
    Ray

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    but maybe the one that is there is good...

pretty safe assumption ray - the one with the black cover ('now') that looks like a box of matches is a little ehh compared to the others tho