Any synth gurus here? - Synth ID Related

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Is this post the equivalent of a sample identification thread? Take that shit to the-synth.com? Nah, it doesn't have the same snitching implications as "what sample did super producer J-Bloe use in..."

1:30 famous worm guitar solo. This shit always make me bug out. I need for a song, it's perfect. Anybody know what synth it was or how to make the patch. Seems like some weird portamento effect going on in the envelope generator.

Comments

• just use a synth with glide rate adjustment.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    You gave me something to do today, spent a bit of time trying to recreate the sound which is a bit of a hobby of mine. I got something very close on my SE1x which is basically a clone of a minimoog with some modern features. I think on this tune it would most likely be either be an Arp oddesy or a minimoog.

I used lots of envelope, glide and a very finely set square wave.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Very cool. So is glide like a backwards portamento? I don't think my Korg MS2000 has it but I'm sre I can get something like that routing the envelope to the pitch. hmmm

• If I recall correctly, Junie Morisson himself said it was a ARP 2600.

As for the sound itself, it has a portamento/glide (it's the same) but also a percussive enveloppe (fast attack,fast decay, sustain somewhere in the middle,no release) who is triggered each time a key is pressed (it's often called retrigger in mono synths).