Favorite concert movies?

dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
The release of that new Neil Young concert movie got me to thinking about what my favorite concert films are, and I couldn't think of too many besides some of the more obvious ones (Last Waltz, etc.)What are your favorites?

Comments

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    PULSE

• Stop Making Sense

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Festival Express

• I just picked up Soul Power from the library, and I hear it's killer.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Wattstax
    Save The Children
    TAMI Show

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Let There Be Rock and Jazz on a Summers Day are easily my faves...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Wattstax
    Save The Children
    TAMI Show

When will 'Save the Children' get a proper dvd release? Great time capsule

'Say Amen, Somebody' is a must if you like Gospel if a little bit.
    'Monterey Pop' is great
    'Soul Power', 'Soul To Soul' and 'Wattstax' are all great, although I thought 'Soul Power' could have been better. It seems like it could have been longer with more performances and not suffered a bit.

Second Hook_up's choices, both 'Jazz on a Summer's Day' and the AC/DC flick are top notch.

'Sign of the Times' is my personal favorite concert film ever. Just never get tired of it.

• 'Sign of the Times' is my personal favorite concert film ever. Just never get tired of it.

Speaking of movies that need DVD releases (in the US, at least)...

'Soul Power', 'Soul To Soul' and 'Wattstax' are all great, although I thought 'Soul Power' could have been better. It seems like it could have been longer with more performances and not suffered a bit.

With me, it's the opposite

Loved Soul Power, which was way better than Soul To Soul, which felt like a stiff history lesson.

Soul Power had plenty of history behind it, but there's also a sense of fun which I don't get as much from S.T.S.

Soul To Soul is still a good flick, but the DVD version, with the commentary tracks from the artists who were there, kinda livened that movie up considerably

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

With me, it's the opposite

Loved Soul Power, which was way better than Soul To Soul, which felt like a stiff history lesson.

Soul Power had plenty of history behind it, but there's also a sense of fun which I don't get as much from S.T.S.

Soul To Soul is still a good flick, but the DVD version, with the commentary tracks from the artists who were there, kinda livened that movie up considerably

I just got the dvd to Soul Power, and have yet to crack it. Are there any extra performances on the proper dvd?

I saw Soul Power at the movies, myself. Haven't gotten around to buying the DVD.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Wattstax
    TAMI Show

Gimme Shelter

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Wattstax
    Stop Making Sense
    Gimme Shelter
    Let It Be
    Shake! Otis at Monterey

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    The Who Live at the Isle of Wight for the performance alone.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    Fade to Black
    Straight No Chaser

• Jazz on a Summers Day

cosine.

i just read an interview with anita o'day where she said she was out of her head on heroin during this performance...she seems to be having some difficulty negotiating those stairs

Jazz on a Summers Day

cosine.

i just read an interview with anita o'day where she said she was out of her head on heroin during this performance...she seems to be having some difficulty negotiating those stairs

I need to see if Youtube has Chuck Berry's segment from the film...I understand he has a full-on Dixieland band behind him?!?