mp3 request - Josephine Johnny

jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Hey, has anybody out there got a decent full mp3 of Josephine Johnny's "Throw Back Thong"? I need it for my school talent show.Thanks.

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Come on--I know there's some bounce dudes in here. Pretty please?

Hey, thongs notwithstanding, are dudes still fucking with throwbacks? For a minute there, everybody was talking about them ("Yo, if this was 1969, and Deacon Jones was here with us, putting in work on these nachos, this is exactly the shirt he'd be wearing, son. I got the away joint, too, for when I'm fucking up some nachos over at my man's house"), but I don't really hear about them anymore. Are Fabolous-type dudes still making whole records about them, or is it back to just the die-hards?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Hey, thongs notwithstanding, are dudes still fucking with throwbacks? For a minute there, everybody was talking about them ("Yo, if this was 1969, and Deacon Jones was here with us, putting in work on these nachos, this is exactly the shirt he'd be wearing, son. I got the away joint, too, for when I'm fucking up some nachos over at my man's house"), but I don't really hear about them anymore. Are Fabolous-type dudes still making whole records about them, or is it back to just the die-hards?

Definitely not--that trend died almost 8 years ago.

• I've got a few Josephine Johnny tracks but not that one. Paging Emil ...

Definitely not--that trend died almost 8 years ago.
    Eight? Really? I thought they still had currency at least into the mid-decade. But then again, Chicago can be little bit of a time warp. You got dudes here that brag about having some stone-washed denim "on ice" (true story).

I used to know this hardcore stepper dude named Sam, and Sam exclusively represented The Grown, routinely boycotting throwback-themed steppers' sets just on G.P.: "I tell these young fellas, James, I tell 'em, 'There's only two kinds of fellas wear jerseys: ballplayers and assholes. So, you got a game today?'"

The fucked-up thing is that the track I'm looking for is right there ("Right thuh?" "Right thuh!") on Johnny's MySpace, but there must be among his Friends or Comments or whatever a bunch of spam bullshit with autoplay embedded, because I only get to hear like three seconds of "Throw Back Thong" before it gets overlaid by umpteen other duelling tracks from all these clamoring "Yo, Johhny, put me on!" type dudes.

I've got a few Josephine Johnny tracks but not that one. Paging Emil ...
    Yeah, I'm desperate enough that I'm like thisclose to registering over at holler-bee dot come or what have you. But I don't wanna be that dude who shows up asking for an mp3, then gets it and jets. I hate that dude.

• I just asked Emynd if he has it and it's a no-go. He's more or less the main authority on the genre over at the diplotronix messageboard so that probably wouldn't be the way to go... but just for shits and giggles I'd like to see how James would fare over there as an mp3-grubbing newbie for a day.

I just asked Emynd if he has it and it's a no-go. He's more or less the main authority on the genre over at the diplotronix messageboard so that probably wouldn't be the way to go... but just for shits and giggles I'd like to see how James would fare over there as an mp3-grubbing newbie for a day.
    Thanks for checking, Mike.

You know, I was over at the Hollerboard for a little while a few years back. It was actually pretty liberating: I had no pretensions that anything I posted over there would be paid any attention at all, sure that it would all just sink like a stone, which left me free to kinda go off. I would do these very lengthy posts about, like, meat.