Soul 45- The Darling Dears (personal grail-r)

BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
A while ago, I put the B-side of this record on a mix for Se?or Paycheck in hopes that he might contact me should a copy ever walk through the door of his fine vinyl establishment. A lot has happened since that sunny afternoon in 2006, but it was not until this morning that I finally managed to lay my hands on a copy of this sublime soul single. Full rips of both sides below. Please download, share and enjoy.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Nice man, thanks for sharing.

Is the Background Music by the "FUNKY HEAVY PROS"?

• cheers, really dig this a lot!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Great. What year is this from?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Great. What year is this from?

Nice man, thanks for sharing.

Is the Background Music by the "FUNKY HEAVY PROS"?

Funky Heavy Prod.

I wonder what else they might have played on?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Wow... both great tracks. Thanks for sharing my man!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    No one deeper in the 45 game than the one BreakSelf. Thanks for sharing!

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    Sweet stuff, brah!

• just recently heard this, great f*cking record, thanks for sharing, by the way how did you manage to get a copy?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    just recently heard this, great f*cking record, thanks for sharing, by the way how did you manage to get a copy?

b/w

• So good!

Thanks for posting 'em.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    bonanzas

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    thanks, great tune!

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Congrats for the score! Great record!

• A while ago, I put the B-side of this record on a mix for Se?or Paycheck in hopes that he might contact me should a copy ever walk through the door of his fine vinyl establishment. A lot has happened since that sunny afternoon in 2006, but it was not until this morning that I finally managed to lay my hands on a copy of this sublime soul single. Full rips of both sides below. Please download, share and enjoy.

this 45 is fire, i need this

• man! it must be 12-15 years ago since i recorded this song from the Into Something radio show (cheers to Florian Keller!)

never knew who was the artist...

thanks a lot!

• never heard the b-side though! thanks again...

• that's a fantastic record and I've been after one for a while myself. Congrats!

And in case anyone is interested, "I don't think I'll ever Love Another" is a cover adapted from a 45 recorded by Washington DC group "Rock Candy". Still boggles my mind how the DDs covered another obscure group so far away, but it seems they ran into each other on a small-time tour up north.

just recently heard this, great f*cking record, thanks for sharing, by the way how did you manage to get a copy?

In a trade for a Michigan garage acetate.

You hear that Obscure_Addict??? Wherever you are...

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

Haha. Burn!

Sweet score, congrats and thanks so much for sharing. And have a great trip!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Many, many of those were never actually released.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    this is pretty amazing. thanks for sharing

• man! it must be 12-15 years ago since i recorded this song from the Into Something radio show (cheers to Florian Keller!)

thanks a lot!
    thanks, man! darling dears is also on my "creative musicians vol.2" comp (perfect toy rec)

i found two copies at val shivleys maybe 10 years ago on a trip with jan weissenfeldt(he got the other one). the way the record sounds like i wouldn't be suprised if they split up right after the recording sessions, argueing about sweet vocals v/s funky heavy drums

• i wish someone would reissue this

thanks a lot!
    thanks, man! darling dears is also on my "creative musicians vol.2" comp (perfect toy rec)

i found two copies at val shivleys maybe 10 years ago on a trip with jan weissenfeldt(he got the other one). the way the record sounds like i wouldn't be suprised if they split up right after the recording sessions, argueing about sweet vocals v/s funky heavy drums

oh, so it's only 10 years ago then good to know the other copy is in Jan's hands...

looks like i have to get myself a copy of that Creative Musicians to hear this at home.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Just got hipped to this 45, and Soul Strut comes thru. WOW......just wow.

Thanks a ton.

-pj

• double-up