WMC 2010

LuminLumin 807 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
anyone doing any parties or coming down to miami for the festivities?post your flyers upif anyone is in on wednesday, im upstairs at electric pickle.ill get the flyer up in a few

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    CosmoKon 4turntable obliteration

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    This is a charity event I'm helping with, it's a tribute to the Paradise Garage and the proceeds go to three different HIV/AIDS charities.

I hadn't heard of Charice until she signed on but she's got some chops.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Im DJing tonight with Cash Money at the Florida Room in the Delano Hotel.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

cosmo and kon where?
    i heard about that paradise garage party. thats going to be a dope party
    bombjack dont you live out this way? i still havent linked with you

also there is a record show on thursday at the standard hotel. its free to get in and free to sell. ill be djing a bit and sellin some wax for cheap.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Thursday I'm doing Craze's rap party at RokBar.

I'm off Friday and Saturday, pretty much completely.

Sunday I am "Doing" a special daytime party that usually is in LA. Sunday night it's me an Kon with some other dudes going 4 turntable at Purdy Lounge.

So I'm pretty much taking it easy this year and not spinning a lot.

Oh yeah, check out my site with some words about Miami:

www.cosmobaker.com

Cos, Saturday night i'm working the door at Klutch.
    Jazzy Jeff & Riz will be playing.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude I am there.

• friday im at electric pickle with jaun atkins, trusme, runaway, and others
    sat im at i love vinyl and rawfusion at jadid or something like that
    sunday me and cosmo..... and this other thing.

im here now, bout to catch some zzzz i spoke to cash $ last night, ill roll thru tonight.

Crappy BB photo... but Greg N.I.C.E. came through last night. Good times.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Word, we're actually finishing up recording our Sheen Bros single featuring Greg while we're all in Miami.

• the other thing is the do over miami edition with kon and i during the day...plus, i will be spinning with jazzy jeff, cash, jrocc, scratch daniel best, rich, etc for the james brown tribute party on thursday...

I'll be working the door at this event tonight if anyone would llke to come through:

AFEX Miami WMC Edition is coming to Klutch Nightclub TONIGHT to celebrate the glory days of Hip Hop. Performances by DJ Adam 12 and many more will relive the glory days of hip hop circa 83?- 95? taking it back to the old school. Enjoy complimentary Philly's Blunts and $10 40 oz. Old English and Mickey's with some good old fashioned BBQ. Doors open at 11 pm and run into the early morning so get ready to take it back to the streets Klutch style.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Word, like I said I'm DJing this:

Then I'm DJing a special secret guest set at a LATE NIGHT jawn on Friday night.

Then Saturday I'm chilling al day.

Sunday I'm spinning Do-Over, with Kon & Amir, and some other guests (nobody that I can really talk about but since Amir said he's gonna be there so I mentioned him. But the lineup is gonna be crazy.)

Then I'm doing this with Kon and special invited guests. Amir you still gonna be in town for that one? I didn't know that.

Also, I'm supposed to do a set with ?uestlove for Puffy's party @ Liv but I don't know what time that is supposed to be.

F*ck it, all the news that's fit to print is right here for the next several days: http://twitter.com/cosmobaker

All in all, I'll be around, probably going to mad parties and just being dude as much as humanly possible.

• yo cosmo i am still there until sunday...so we'll catch each other out and about for sure...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    ALSO DUDES, IT'S GOING DOWN:

Part of my set from the Florida Room gig the other night...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Twitter was abuzz last night with talk of Just Blaze's house set at the one Catchdubs' Fools Gold party - pretty hot, by all accounts.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Twitter was abuzz last night with talk of Just Blaze's house set at the one Catchdubs' Fools Gold party - pretty hot, by all accounts.

Haha -- Just Blaze plays the re-Tweet game better than anyone. Seems like he culls through everything and creates a mini storyline, often starring himself. Wish I could have heard the set, but don't think I could ever stomach WMC.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Heh. In fairness to Blaze, he's by no means the worst offender - E-40 and Banner RT every single mention they get. Banner even RTs his own shit. It's funny.