Whole Lotta Love (Cover-Version-Related)

doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Searching for a Version of Led Zeppelin "Whole Lotta Love", which i?ve heard in a DJ Set of Will Holland a few weeks ago. Until then i was always happy with the Ike & Tina Version i have, but now this sounds pretty lame and i need to step up. The Version i search for is pretty hard rocking and the guitar riff sounded way more smashing than the Led Zeppelin one. Any Recommendations Please?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

• Searching for a Version of Led Zeppelin "Whole Lotta Love", which i?ve heard in a DJ Set of Will Holland a few weeks ago. Until then i was always happy with the Ike & Tina Version i have, but now this sounds pretty lame and i need to step up. The Version i search for is pretty hard rocking and the guitar riff sounded way more smashing than the Led Zeppelin one. Any Recommendations Please?

There are versions by King Curtis (on Atco) and CCS (on Rak).

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    The Version i search for is pretty hard rocking and the guitar riff sounded way more smashing than the Led Zeppelin one. Any Recommendations Please?

Then it couldn't be the Dennis Coffey version. This shit is like Led Zepplin LITETM:

• dieter zimmermann and his orchestra do a pretty great version on the mps record "my world" with great meltdown in middle section. the main riff is nothing to write home about though.

i think maybe doc severinson does a crappy version of it as well.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    thanks for your quick replies fellas, definitely it?s not the Dennis Coffey Version, totally forgot about that one, that?s a great one too! I know i have this somewhere...

King Curtis Version i dont think so too, but i?ll give it a try later at home, here a work i cannot listen too, but i think i allready tryed that one.

The Version i search for is definitely a hard rocking version and goess minimum for 5mins. also got vocals!

dieter zimmermann and his orchestra do a pretty great version on the mps record "my world" with great meltdown in middle section. the main riff is nothing to write home about though.

whooha! that one?s ILL! first i thought that?s it, but the length and missing vocals, i don?t know... also i?m pretty sure it wasn?t a mix/blend or sth. the man played. but thanks for directing me to this gem!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

this one?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    actually just read your post about vocals so scrap that one

came across plenty of theese the last week, def. NOT!

this one?

Nope! but a nice big band style one it is! Cool!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    The Version i search for is definitely a hard rocking version and goess minimum for 5mins. also got vocals!

There's a lengthy version by Bobby Shad & The Bad Men on Mainstream:

It's big band style though.
    And the guitar riff does not rock harder than zep.
    And it doesn't have vocals.
    So I know already that this is not it, sorry

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    there's a very nice version on the Conroy library 'Sounds Funky/Pop Brass Backgrounds'.

I like it a lot!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• as my dad is a sophisticated rock/blues listener and probably the biggest led zep fan i know and i heard quite a lot of that stuff as a kid. my dad recently showed me some demo sessions which contain a rougher sounding version...

There's a lengthy version by Bobby Shad & The Bad Men on Mainstream:

It's big band style though.
    And the guitar riff does not rock harder than zep.
    And it doesn't have vocals.
    So I know already that this is not it, sorry

Yeah, you right it?s not, but the is hot! anyway, thanks for posting..

This?

NO!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Just make your own:

just listened to some different Led Zeppelin Live-Versions, they all are starting with the vocals kick in pretty fast.
    As far as i remember the vocals was kickin in pretty late, maybe 40sec. to 1min after beginning of the hard rocking riff. This also could be Swearato manipulated, but i?m 98% sure it wasn?t Led. Also the middle section was different.

Just make your own:

can you tighten up the guitar and add some vocals pls....

• just listened to some different Led Zeppelin Live-Versions, they all are starting with the vocals kick in pretty fast.
    As far as i remember the vocals was kickin in pretty late, maybe 40sec. to 1min after beginning of the hard rocking riff. This also could be Swearato manipulated, but i?m 98% sure it wasn?t Led. Also the middle section was different.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to the mix you heard it in, would you?

• ever thought about change in the state of mind after doobie and shots?

just listened to some different Led Zeppelin Live-Versions, they all are starting with the vocals kick in pretty fast.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to the mix you heard it in, would you?

no, it was a life show... 5h dj set...

ever thought about change in the state of mind after doobie and shots?

i was sober, had to drive my car that night....

• ever thought about change in the state of mind after doobie and shots?

i was sober, had to drive my car that night....

we have to eliminate all possibilities...

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    Couldn't find a youtube of it but the Nowtet did a album of Zep covers

http://www.amazon.com/Whole-Lotta-Love/dp/B00160U5TY

Couldn't find a youtube of it but the Nowtet did a album of Zep covers

http://www.amazon.com/Whole-Lotta-Love/dp/B00160U5TY

nah, not searching for the jazzy version....