Greenberg?

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Anyone see it this week? I peeped last night. Curious to know what ya'lls thoughts were.I was very hyped going in and walked out on the "meh" tip.

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    How is Greta Gerwig? She's been in many of the so-called "mumblecore" films that've played festivals over the last few years, as well as co-writing/directing at least one, but this seems like a pretty nice career jump for her.

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    Haven't seen it yet, but the Armond White blowup over it is pretty insane: http://www.nypress.com/article-21008-my-greenberg-problemmdashand-yours.html

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    wow. i havent read an armond white review in a while. that review had nothing to do with the movie and more about j hoberman of all people persecuting him. that is some steam coming out the ears doopty doop level craziness.

thanks for posting!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    How is Greta Gerwig? She's been in many of the so-called "mumblecore" films that've played festivals over the last few years, as well as co-writing/directing at least one, but this seems like a pretty nice career jump for her.

She's cute I suppose, but I wasn't overwhelmed with her performance. She wasn't bad, although there were some very awkwardly delivered lines. She, again, was "meh."